Our client, a renowned Specialist Vocational College, is seeking a Full-Time Finance Manager to join their existing team based in London!Offering a salary of up to £35,000, this is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to work within a supportive and collaborative work environment!As the successful Finance Manager you will act as a point of contact for staff regarding all aspects of budgeting, and assist the Finance Director in ensuring that management accounts and related information are readily available to the College.
- To support the Finance Director in all matters concerning the Management Accounts and Finance function.
- Day to day management of Finance team.
- Continuous improvement of month-end procedures and management reports in consultation with the Finance Director.
- Preparation and monitoring of monthly management accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of statutory financial statements and working papers.
- Control and monitoring of planned levels of expenditure of capital budgets.
- Assist in the preparation of daily and monthly cash flow forecast.
- Checking and authorisation of sales ledger, cash and purchase ledger journals.
- Preparation of relevant papers for external audit and ensuring of agreed recommendations are implemented.
- Other duties as directed by the Finance Director.
- Qualified AAT or Part qualified ACCA, CIMA (2nd year)
- Experience of preparation of Management Accounts
- Experience of computerised accounting systems
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- Three years' experience in a Finance Department in the FE sector
- Knowledge of Sage 50,100 or Sage 200
- Recent management/supervisory experience
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills
About Morgan Jones:
This role is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment & HR Consultants. We have been established as a quality recruitment business for over 17 years with a reputation for fair and equal representation.
Follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76718165