Design & Proposals Engineer
The Design & Proposals Engineer undertakes heat exchanger design work that achieves customer requirements and minimises the cost of the heat exchanger, thus maximising gross margin for an international business.
My client is part of a larger group that is is the world's leading manufacturer of advanced 'printed circuit' diffusion-bonded heat exchangers, supplying products to the majority of the world's largest oil and gas companies including Shell, BP and ExxonMobil.
They are one of the fastest growing manufacturing companies in the UK and their success means they are continuously looking to recruit the best and brightest talents in engineering and manufacturing.
You will be fully immersed in the business from day one and my client's working ethos and structure means there really are no limits on your development and direction, allowing you to mould your career to match your own personal aspirations.
They are currently looking for a Design & Proposals Engineer to join their team based in Dorset.
Job Core Responsibilities
- The Design & Proposals Engineer provides engineering expertise in the design and development of heat exchanger products
- Actively participates in cross-functional teams to perform qualification and validation activities
- Continuously evaluates opportunities for design and development improvements
- Lead the development of the business order winning strategy and the implementation activities within the customer base and territories assigned
- Lead the technical and commercial clarifications with customers as part of the order winning activities
- Acts as a lead and mentor providing knowledge and expertise for colleagues
- Excellent design and thermal processes skills; analyses information and standard practices to make judgements
- Proven track record and good understanding of a wide range of manufacturing processes
- Strong working knowledge of CAD and Aspen Tech, Hysys or equivalent packages to support manufacturing processes
- Current pressure vessel design within a manufacturing environment
- Excellent decision making quality
- Passionate and driven to learn new systems and tools
- Communicating at all levels for both internal and external customers
- A good understanding of design for manufacture
- Able to perform value analysis in order to optimise product development costs
- Provides strong collaborative support to the team and across the business
- Degree in Engineering to a minimum 2:1
The salary on offer is between £40k - £45k + Benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76715315