Finance Business Partner
This Financial Services leader are currently seeking a newly qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA with audit or transaction experience) to work alongside the Head of Acquisition Services on the end to end management, review, approval and implementation of acquisitions and bespoke financing projects.
One strand of the current strategy is to acquire IFA businesses to help drive growth of the business. The Head Office corporate acquisitions team is responsible for ensuring transactions are effectively managed from initial review through to completion and beyond.
- To assist in researching targets as potential Partner practices. Summarising and assimilating the information into data memorandums for distribution to the team. Being able to present concise and accurate memos to internal stakeholders and identify key risks at an early stage of the acquisition process.
- Monitoring of current and historical acquisitions and loan finance deals;
- Researching, analysing and understand competitors and market trends to share with the wider team;
- Undertake financial due diligence at target locations with a view to being able to produce succinct executive summaries on the results and reduce the risk from a financial aspect. Assist in being able to summarise the work streams of other project teams and provide updates when required.
- Undertake ah-hoc due diligence projects on other work streams such as RFO and Partner acquisitions;
- Building robust and accurate financial models to a predetermined set of assumptions which enables sensitivity analysis to be undertaken;
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects in accordance with the agreed timetable;
- Draft key reports and agreements to a high level ensuring factual and literacy accuracy, to tight deadlines;
- Ad-hoc acquisitions project work as and when required.
- Be able to develop relationships and communicate with both internal and external contacts, e.g. Target firms, Potential Partners and professional service firms to enable efficient output;
- Have the ability to prioritise and manage numerous projects simultaneously, occasionally to tight deadlines;
- Excellent reporting writing and communication skills;
- Analytical and able to assimilate large quantities of data concisely.
- Ability to work independently as and when required.
Required Technical Knowledge & Qualifications
- Qualified ACA/ACCA, with previous audit or transaction experience.
- Financial services industry experience would be preferable.
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge (e.g. pivot tables, financial modelling and lookups);
- Experience of accounting and management information reporting systems would be beneficial (e.g. Sage, Intelligent Office,IRESS, True Potential).
How They Reward You
In addition to an attractive salary you will also receive a number of excellent benefits including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, a share incentive plan, bonus sacrifice arrangements to name but a few.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76697772