Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer
Salary up to £55,000 per annum DOE + Excellent Benefits Package
To be a key member of the software development team, developing features for new and existing software applications for our internal business processes and our external client facing solutions.
You will be part of a software development team comprising of other Developers, a Business Analyst and a QA. Your role will be to develop solutions based on business requirements working in an agile environment. As a Senior member of the development team, your role will include mentoring other developers in the team to suggest using best practices. The role encourages collaboration in sharing your ideas to help deliver robust solutions and the opportunity to develop using the latest technologies. There is also the opportunity to be involved in the weekly developer training sessions to continually keep your skills up to date, as well as access to PluralSight for self-study.
- C# .Net development
- RESTful API development
- Developing in MVC, Entity Framework, NHibernate and any other framework technologies
- Using Unit test frameworks (NUnit / SpecFlow / MS Test / XUnit )
- Managing Messaging Queues (NServiceBus and any other message brokers)
- Developing in HTML5, CSS and JS
- Database development and maintenance (MS SQL)
- Complex software design and implementation
- Continuous Integration build tools and scripting (Jenkins or similar)
- Managing Source Control (Git, TFS or Mercurial)
- Involvement in SCRUM sessions including daily stand ups, sprint planning and retros/sprint reviews
What you Bring to the Team
- Computer Science degree or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in a commercial environment
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic that can work with limited supervision and guidance
- Thrives in a supportive and friendly working environment and with a desire to share new innovative ideas and skills
- Have a passion for Technology!
Why Join our Team?
This is a superb place to work if you love solving problems, enjoy a challenge and have genuine enthusiasm for overcoming obstacles and learning, you'll love it. Your people and technical skills will be tested every day. There are endless opportunities for you to develop and grow and you'll really make a difference to all sorts of people. We're a family-run business, who are incredibly ambitious and constantly expanding and I can promise you'll enjoy every single day.
If this sounds like the role for you then click apply today!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76691329