Our client, based in Tyne & Wear, is a vibrant and exciting manufacturing business which has enjoyed financial growth, significant investment and substantial expansion during recent years. A superb opportunity has arisen for a commercially astute, proactive and experienced Design Engineer to join a talented Technical Team.
Reporting to the Design Manager, the key purpose of this role is to ensure that the Company has a range of high quality, technically innovative and commercially competitive products to offer to the market.
Of primary responsibility will be the design and implementation of new products, which are well managed and completed on time and within budget. Technical and engineering support and assistance to other functions, both internally and externally is required and the role may involve some occasional national or international travel.
Other key responsibilities will include:-
- Maintaining and developing existing products and components.
- Actively participating in projects when appropriate.
- Producing and maintaining technical documentation, including; CAD drawings, costing data, technical construction files, design calculations, bills of materials, technical specifications, marketing information, test data etc.
- Constantly interrogating products and components to identify and implement cost savings and performance improvements.
- Managing product approvals and all mandatory legislation compliance.
- Developing and training Junior Engineers and apprentices.
- Extensive cross functional interaction, particularly with manufacturing, quality, sales and marketing and at all stages of product development from research and pre-development, through to post manufacturing support
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree qualified in an Engineering discipline and have at least 3 years of experience in a similar capacity within a manufacturing environment. An excellent CAD background is desired, as is working knowledge of Solidworks 2012 2D/3D Modelling and Autocad 2D. Those applying should be proficient MS Office User and able to produce strong technical reports. An understanding of computational fluid dynamics (CFD), cast and moulded component design, compressed air and compressed air filtration, drying and purification or pneumatics is an advantage. Although the role is largely mechanically biased, previous experience or knowledge with electronics and electrics is beneficial.
This role requires an individual who can manage multiple deadlines, remain calm under pressure and who is able to make technical and commercial decisions confidently.
Those interested in applying should email a CV and a covering letter outlining the skills and personal qualities you possess which would make you a suitable candidate for this role to Rachel Seller.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76037801