Infrastructure Security Engineer - Security Analyst
Infrastructure Security Engineer - £400 per Day - London. Windows, Microsoft Windows Server, VMware, Firewall. Are you an Infrastructure Security Engineer looking for you next London based project? For this role, you will be focusing on security infrastructure to assess the risk with current vulnerabilities and working with a project manager remediate the backlog of vulnerabilities across the estate, this will require hands-on deployment of patches. You will need to assess new vulnerabilities and implement a plan of action appropriate to the risk. Build a series of patching policies appropriate for the estate. Assist with the assessment of network device vulnerabilities and recommend an appropriate response to the vulnerabilities. The Security Engineer will have extensive troubleshooting, maintenance and configuration skills within Network Security, Firewalls, Windows and VMware.
- Strong knowledge of the following technologies: Microsoft Windows, VMware / and or VDI.
- Experience in leading security incident response including identification, preservation and interpretation of computer evidence.
- Excellent technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Hands on experience in Security systems, including Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Anti-Virus Software, Authentication Systems, Log Management, Content Filtering, etc.
- Extensive technical working knowledge of security systems including:
- Network and application Firewalls.
- IDS/IPS systems.
- Web Proxies and Content Filtering.
- Endpoint security including antivirus, host based Firewalls and execution control.
- Authentication technologies
- Network Access Management.
- Knowledge of vulnerability assessment and risk mitigation practices and tools
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure (Virtualisation, Windows and Network devices) in order to assess risk and Remedy associated issues.
- Knowledge of security best practices and how to implement.
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation, a pragmatic approach to risk vs best practice vs business need.
- Work with infrastructure and project teams to agree standards for secure infrastructure architecture across on premise and cloud services.
- Raise the level of knowledge of secure infrastructure practices within various teams through regular engagement and other forms of education.
- Collaborate with colleagues on proposed security designs, where required performing consultancy and offering alternate solutions.
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments to inform delivery.
- Assessment and approval of changes, designs and systems for policy compliance.
- Test security solutions using industry standard analysis criteria.
Contact Karl now for this London based Infrastructure Security Engineer Contract opportunity - £400 per Day
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76722560