Student Communications Officer
We are seeking a proactive and dynamic Student Communications Officer to implement an institution wide Student Communications Strategy. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating institution-wide student facing communications, utilising existing platforms and supporting the development of new channels. As part of this they will lead a small team of part-time student staff and work with our academic schools and professional services on developing their communications to students. Whilst they will be largely based in Student & Academic Services, they will be expected to work closely with colleagues across the institution, with a split reporting line into Marketing & Communications.
The responsibilities of the post will include the following areas:
- Effectively communicating with students key campaigns using a multi-channel approach to enhance progression, employability and student satisfaction
- Distribution of student news and achievements through effective content generation
- Establishment of new channels for student communications, including segmented student newsletters.
- Offer specialist advice and support to colleagues in professional services and academic schools on communicating effectively with students using relevant sector research/knowledge
- Management of a small team of part-time student staff.
- Management of a budget for supporting student communications, including part-time staffing budget
- Coordinating a calendar of key messages and features, aligned to the students' interests and key information needs at different times in the academic year.
- Working with colleagues in Marketing and Communications to align student and staff communications campaigns, including those using Social Media.
- Work alongside the Students' Union to develop an up to date calendar of key events throughout the academic year.
- Business ownership of institution-wide student communications including the development of a clear strategic approach.
- Collaboration with the Students' Union, ensuring sharing of information, complementary communication strategies and cross promotion of services.
- Develop a student communications steering group to coordinate the delivery of key messages to students, including staff members from professional services and academic schools.
- Business contributions to new platform developments, including student webpages, student portal and/or mobile applications
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below:-
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Professional qualification in a relevant area
- A clear commitment to professional development including knowledge of communication trends.
- Significant experience in a communications role, ideally within the education sector or working with young people
- Experience of developing and implementing a strategic approach to communications in a large, complex organisation
- Evidence of developing networks across complex organisations with competing demands to support effective communications
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Evidence of a proactive approach to developing and implementing new communications methods to support effective campaigns to customers/stakeholder
- Experience of managing temporary or part-time staff.
- Evidence of innovative practice in developing new communication methods to engage with a range of target audiences
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including copywriting and editing for different audiences and using different platforms/media
- Ability to support a change in communications habits across large organisations
- Ability to work collaboratively across organisational boundaries and outside of traditional line management structures.
- Exceptional planning skills and ability to manage competing priorities
- Able to use multiple communications tools, including relevant CMS and email management applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
If this role is of interest please do apply ASAP with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience by 10:00 Monday the 9th of October
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76730905