Service Desk Analyst
Fixed Term Contract for 12 MonthsThames Valley Police is the territorial police force responsible for policing the Thames Valley area covered by the counties of Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire. It is one of the largest territorial police forces in England.This is a brand new opportunity to join the Information and Communications Technology department that has the responsibility to support front line policing, crime investigation and delivering service improvement across Thames Valley Police and Hampshire Constabulary for the benefit of the public.The Role:
- In this role you will be required to provide support, advice and guidance to end users reporting incidents and technical issues to resolution to achieve the department service level agreement targets.
- You will need to engage appropriately with other ICT technical support functions in order to support the incident resolution to reach the required service level targets.
- You will then keep a close eye on the progress of problem resolution and see that the original caller is kept informed. With your firm grasp of our systems, you will also help ICT users to make the most of products and services.
- A good standard of education together with working experience within a service desk environment or technical environment is essential.
- You need good communication skills (written and oral) with a proven customer focused approach and must be a team-worker who is flexible and adaptable but can also work with little direct supervision.
- You must have good problem solving and trouble-shooting skills with the ability to think logically in a fast paced environment whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy.
The closing date for completed applications is Sunday 15th October 2017.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/76683954