A Financial Accountant role in the public sector for a Central Government body related to security. Focusing on preparation of financial statements, quarterly accounts and ad hoc reporting.
Central Government body located in London.
The key responsibilities of the accountancy role are
- Preparing financial statement, quarterly accounts and ad hoc reporting
- Liaising with internal and external audit and provide support to Audit and Risk Committee
- Support development and implementation of financial systems processes
- Supporting delivery of taxation services
- Supporting the development of improvements to financial processes and control
- Representing the Finance Director as required
In order to be shortlisted for the Financial Accountant role the candidate must:
- Be newly qualified CCAB
- Have awareness of challenges facing the public sector
- Have good knowledge of accounting and budgeting frameworks, UK GAAP and IFRS
- Be experienced in financial accounts team
- Have a track record of building strong relationships with a variety of organisations and individuals
- Have high level of communication skills (written and oral)
Financial Accountant role with an annual salary of circa £42,000 + benefits, including flexible working, and civil service pension.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76682372