Senior NET/Web API Developer
A new Notifications Service team is being formed to deliver Web API, REST based solutions within the Customer Comms platform. The role forms part of a highly Agile team operating with leading edge, test-driven engineering practices and will require a passionate Agile engineer to lead the development and delivery activities, orchestrated through DevOps practices of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Work closely with the Solution Architect in order to ensure that designs are practical, workable and deliverable, and that the technical implementation and the architectural vision remain aligned, particularly in the case where changes are required on either side due to external influences or other constraints.
- Ensure that software is built to the highest standard, is built in a way that favours a simple and maintainable approach over a clever and complex one, is tested at every step on the path to production using the appropriate tools and practices, is deployable using automated tooling only, and is suitably instrumented to meet core operational and business monitoring needs.
- Demonstrate your passion for engineering by promoting good engineering practices within your team, including any associated disciplines and functional areas, such as QA, Database Engineering and ALM.
- Extensive experience in a broad base of technologies, including .NET (C#), Web API, REST, event based technology (e.g. service bus)
- Distributed services/SOA/Microservices
- Extensive experience in working in Agile software development environments
- A good understanding of the Application Lifecycle and a solid understanding of Quality Assurance, Database Engineering and Build and deployment.
- Working knowledge of the tools and Agile engineering practices available and appropriate to each phase of software delivery, such as TDD, BDD, Integration Testing, Performance Testing etc.
- Test automation using NUnit and mocking tools
- CI, Continuous Delivery (ideally TeamCity & Octopus), Build Automation, Nuget Package Management
- Relational and non-relational database technologies (SQL Server, MongoDB (preferred) or other NoSQL database)
- Microsoft Azure based development & delivery platforms
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Nice to Have Skills
- Specflow, MongoDB, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Git, RestSharp
- Batchelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Microsoft Engineering Certification in C#, .NET, Azure – not essential but desirable
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/76707478