Reports to: Examinations Officer
Start: November 2017
Salary: £9.50 per hour
To enhance the school’s vision which aims to nurture each pupil on their own journey of self-discovery and is based upon the three key pillars of Educational Excellence, Character Development and Spiritual Insight.
Avanti House secondary school is an Inclusive Hindu faith school based in Harrow, open to students of all faith. The key responsibilities laid out here are those, which will be assumed by the successful candidate upon appointment.
Avanti schools are Hindu-designated faith schools. However, all staff members at Avanti House School will not be required to present themselves from any specific faith background and there will be no preference given in this regard. Applications are very welcome from practitioners of any faith and of none. The successful candidate will, however, be expected to be in sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School – following closely the expected behaviours laid out in the Ethos Handbook. Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection. Reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
The successful candidate will likely to have a successful experience in a supporting role within a school.
Main Purpose and Object
To provide support to the examination process.
(S)he will demonstrate an understanding of and a commitment to the School’s ethos through etiquette, behaviour words, action and speech.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To support the Head Invigilators with day-to-day operation of examination venues. The activity may include:
- assisting with setting-up examination venues by laying out stationery, equipment and examination papers in accordance with strict procedures;
- assisting candidates prior to the start of examinations by directing them to their seats and advising them about possessions permitted in examination venues;
- offering advice and guidance to unregistered candidates without allocated seats;
- ensuring that candidates do not talk once inside examination venues;
- invigilating during examinations, dealing with queries raised by candidates and dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with strict procedures;
- checking attendance during examinations;
- recording details of late arrivals and early leavers and collecting scripts from early leavers;
- escorting candidates from venues during the examinations as required, and supervising candidates whilst outside examination venues;
- collecting and collating scripts at the end of the examination in accordance with strict procedures;
- assisting with the preparation of script envelopes;
- supervising candidates leaving examination venues, ensuring that candidates do not remove equipment or stationery from the venue without authorisation and ensuring that candidates leave venues in an orderly and quiet manner. To assist Examinations Officer with other examination processes as and when required.
Closing date – 9th October 2017