Our client is a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives. Their impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. They advise and they speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. They never give up
They are seeking to employ an experienced Accountant in their Management Accounts team to deliver an outstanding financial reporting service to the business.
The role will involve working with and supporting budget holders in producing budgets and forecasts and driving financial performance across the College. Previous experience in an Education environment would be helpful but is not essential.
The role will be based at Totton College and will operate as part of their finance team located in Birmingham, some travel will be required on occasion to Birmingham and London. The role will work with the Commercial Business Partner for Totton supporting the management team. The successful Accountant will support the production of the monthly Management Accounts and the annual statutory accounts.
You will also be working with Operational areas and Corporate Departments to drive rigorous financial performance leading to stronger financial sustainability and compliance with financial/relevant policies.
This role is newly created, working as part of a team directly managing two accounts staff.
The successful candidate will have:
- CCAB Accountancy qualification/finalist
- Experience of statutory accounting and developing processes to support the production of the annual accounts
- Substantial experience in coordinating/delivering timely and relevant management accounts
- A good knowledge of finance systems, reporting tools and budget setting
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong MS Excel to intermediate level or above gained through experience.
- Experience of managing staff would be an advantage but not essential.
What they offer
- 28 days of annual leave per year (accruing one additional day per year up to five days), pro rata for part-time employees
- Paid lunch breaks, pro rata for part time employees
- Pension scheme and season ticket loan
- Training and professional development opportunities
- A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you're keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which their work has changed lives here.
If this role interests you and you would like more information about applying, please copy and paste this link into your web browsers address bar: https://nae.evolution-system.com/. However the Guidant Group will also send this link to you in an email should you apply through this advert (please check your junk/spam folder).
Please apply at your earliest convenience as this position could close before the advert expiry date
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76699583