Hays Education- Food Technician
Your new company
Hays Education are currently recruiting for a School Food Technician to start a job in a large Secondary School in the Leeds area.
This role is to cover maternity leave and will commence in October during one of the busiest times in the School calendar and as such, we are seeking applicants with previous experience of working in a School Technology department or in a similar setting.
The Food Technology department consists of both teaching, and practical rooms in addition to a preparation area. As a Food Technician, your role would be to give technical support to the Teachers to support teaching and learning. It is a very busy area of the school where smooth running is essential. You will report directly to the Head of Department and work closely alongside the Teaching staff to provide support in preparation for practical lessons and in class.
Your new role
General food technician duties both inside and outside of the classroom including:
· Keeping all large/small equipment in good working order.
· Reporting all faults as they occur
· Making sure that all equipment is in a good, clean condition
· Preparing rooms before and after practical lessons as directed by the teacher
· Washing tea towels, dish cloths etc
· Checking that all necessary ingredients are in stock and purchasing where necessary
· Ordering stock
· Organisation of equipment in practical and prep rooms
· Assisting the teacher in various points during the day where necessary, including during lessons
· Preparation of materials for students for practical work including food preparation, coursework etc
· To understand and be aware of all health and safety instructions on the use of department resources
What you'll need to succeed
Applicants for this role will ideally have previous experience of working as a School Food Technician in secondary schools.
Awareness of COSHH regulations and manual handling principles would be advantageous.
Applicants with any up to date food hygiene certificates and first aid qualifications would also be welcomed.
What you'll get in return
You will get to work on a long term placement in a popular secondary school with a competitive rate of pay.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76707655