Year Out Engineer
Site based with responsibility for the technical viability of a section of the project works. Participate in the health and safety, quality, environmental and commercial management of the project. Our Year Out Placements commence during the summer months of 2018 e.g. June, July, August and generally last 12 months. On completion of a placement there is further opportunity to gain sponsorship with Interserve Construction for the remainder of your degree course. Selection Process Timetable
- Stage 1 - Application: Once we receive your application, this will be reviewed and if successful, you will receive an e-mail inviting you to complete stage 2 of the selection process. Application Closing Date: Friday 17th November 2017
- Stage 2 - Online tests: You will be required to complete a range of online tests. If successful, you will receive an invite to stage 3 of the selection process.
- Stage 3 - Assessment centre. You will be invited to attend an assessment centre at our Head Office in Birmingham. The assessment centre will be a half day centre where you will be required to undertake a range of different exercises. Assessment centres will be held on 6th, 8th, 12th and 13th December 2017.
- Stage 4 - Assessment centre outcome: If you are successful we will be issuing job offers before the Christmas break and look forward to receiving your acceptance from you in early January 2018. Year Out Placements won't join us until the summer of 2018 but we'll be in touch regularly from this time onwards.
To support the work of the Site Engineer. Principal tasks will include (but not limited to):
- Surveying the site;
- Checking drawings;
- Checking quantities & calculations;
- Requisition of materials;
- Organising plant and site facilities;
- Monitoring site labour;
- Ensuring that the project works comply with the requirements of the contract specification and drawings etc and maintaining appropriate records to confirm such compliance;
- Maintaining good relationships with the customer and their representative or advisor;
- Assist in implementing elements of the Company's Business Management System;
- Any other duties relevant to the role assigned by the Site Engineer;
- To support and be familiar with own role and responsibility in respect of Business Continuity Planning. Ensuring that team members are also aware of the plans and communicates same.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Experience of working within the civil engineering industry, preferably for a main contractor, gained ideally from work experience or vacation placements (highly desirable);
- Studying towards a relevant Construction Management degree.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to use own initiative;
- Problem solving skills;
- Ability to plan and manage time;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team as a team player;
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence;
- Flexibility and adaptability required to work anywhere geographically in the UK.
NOTE: All above requirements are ESSENTIAL.
Additional job board text
Our Year Out Engineer positions will be based within either our Building or Civil Engineering business units across a number of locations. We will endeavour to place you at your chose location preference, however this will depend on availability of work within that location at the time of the placement. Our benefits package is as follows;
- Competitive salary circa £17k;
- Private medical insurance;
- 26 days annual leave entitlement;
- Access to flexible benefits package;
- Opportunity for sponsorship after your placement.
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76714101