A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and Investment Company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,106 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of £93.8 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.
We have an exciting permanent opportunity available for an Actuary to join the Actuarial team based in Wilmslow. The Actuary can have a background in one or some of the following areas: Financial Reporting (Solvency II, IFRS, EEV), With Profits Management, Capital Monitoring or Modelling.
- Carry out financial analysis using complex actuarial and analytical techniques to support team, department or wider business planning and other activities as required.
- Monitor and check the quality of the financial analysis performed by team members to ensure accuracy and provide feedback to the originator.
- Identifies and make improvements to areas in processes which have a high level of risk or control failure.
- Challenge and make improvements and efficiencies to data, processes, procedures and documentation to make them more accurate and/or efficient.
- Provide actuarial support and leadership to projects as required.
- Inputs own ideas and make positive contribution to project.
- Challenges decisions and project direction where appropriate.
- Takes a leading role in making the project happen and provides updates to project/senior management.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Actuary (ie FIA or FFA) with at least 2 years relevant professional experience with excellent understanding of the actuarial concepts and techniques required to fulfil the role.
- Highly proficient in use of relevant computer systems and packages.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and listening.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with colleagues and senior managers across the department and the wider business.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact Erik Snaathorst on or 0117-9331711
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76707035