You will be site based with responsibility for the technical viability of a section of the project works. Participate in the health and safety, quality, environmental and commercial management of the project. You will be working alongside a team of experienced construction professionals who will support your development as you gain your experience of working on live construction projects. You will join a cohort of other graduates who will commence our graduate programme in September 2018. Our programme will consist of providing you with tangible experience of working on site and taking responsibility from day one for sections of the project works, a programme of training courses which will provide you with underpinning knowledge you will need to develop, along with support to study towards chartered membership of the Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE). We have operations throughout the UK working on a wide range of projects including new build commercial buildings, schools, hospitals, offices, industrial units, refurbishments, regeneration of listed buildings, interiors, highways schemes, water and waste water and airport projects (to name a few). We are looking for our graduates to join us during the autumn of 2018. Selection Process Timetable:
- Stage 1 - Application: Once we receive your application, this will be reviewed and if successful, you will receive an e-mail inviting you to complete stage 2 of the selection process. Application Closing Date: Friday 17th November 2017
- Stage 2 - Online tests: You will be required to complete a range of online tests. If successful, you will receive an invite to stage 3 of the selection process.
- Stage 3 - Assessment centre. You will be invited to attend an assessment centre at our Head Office in Birmingham. The assessment centre will be a half day centre where you will be required to undertake a range of different exercises. Assessment centres will be held on 6th, 8th, 12th and 13th December 2017.
- Stage 4 - Assessment centre outcome: If you are successful we will be issuing job offers before the Christmas break and look forward to receiving your acceptance from you in early January 2018. Graduates won't join us until September 2018 but we'll be in touch regularly from this time onwards.
To undertake work assigned by the Site Engineer. Principal tasks will include (but not limited to):
- Surveying the site;
- Checking drawings;
- Checking quantities & calculations;
- Requisition of materials;
- Organising plant and site facilities;
- Monitoring site labour;
- Ensuring that the project works comply with the requirements of the contract specification and drawings etc and maintaining appropriate records to confirm such compliance;
- Maintaining good relationships with the customer and their representative or advisor;
- Assist in implementing elements of the Company's Business Management System;
- Any other duties relevant to the role assigned by the Site Engineer;
- To support and be familiar with own role and responsibility in respect of Business Continuity Planning. Ensuring that team members are also aware of the plans and communicates same.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Experience of working within the civil engineering industry, preferably for a main contractor, gained ideally from a year out placement or vacation placements (highly desirable);
- Relevant Civil Engineering degree (or derivative of) with a 2.2 or above classification (essential).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to use own initiative;
- Problem solving skills;
- Ability to plan and manage time;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team as a team player;
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence;
- Flexibility and adaptability required to work anywhere geographically in the UK.
NOTE: All above requirements are ESSENTIAL.
Additional job board text
Our Graduate Civil Engineering positions could be based anywhere within the UK, either in our Building or Civil Engineering businesses. We will take into consideration your location preferences but cannot guarantee we will have vacancies in all regions. Our benefits package is as follows;
- Competitive salary (circa £26k);
- Company car/car allowance (equivalent value £3,724);
- Private medical insurance;
- 26 days annual leave entitlement;
- Access to share plans and flexible benefits package;
- Support towards chartership of ICE or CIOB;
- Company pension scheme;
- Company discounts on a range of retail and hospitality providers.
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76716130