Infrastructure Project Manager- Office Rolcation and Fit Out
At Schroders, asset management is our only business and our goals are completely aligned with those of our clients - the creation of long-term value to assist them in meeting their future financial requirements. We manage £262.9 billion on behalf of institutional and retail investors, financial institutions and high net worth clients from around the world, invested in a broad range of asset classes across equities, fixed income, multi-asset, alternatives and property.
We employ more than 3,500 talented people worldwide operating from 37 offices in 27 different countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients.
We have selected 1 London Wall Place (1LWP) as Schroders' new headquarters building which will accommodate approximately 2,500 staff in London. This is a unique opportunity to create a modern, inspiring and efficient environment which enables our employees to be at their most effective and which makes the right statement to our clients - and to the wider community - and one that is consistent with the firm's values. We are now commencing Project Lycra which is the fit-out of additional space in a location close to 1LWP which will be designed to the same standard. Additionally, we are purchasing a building in Horsham (Project Denim) which will also undergo a similar refurbishment programme.
We have set up a programme that incorporates all three office moves which is led by the Programme Director, Global Head of Corporate Services with support from the Mural Programme Manager, Infrastructure Technology Programme Manger and a series of Project Managers aligned to specific work streams.
A Senior Infrastructure Project Manager is required to initially manage two work streams, Intelligent Building and Audio Visual. As time progresses extra work streams and duties may require management. The candidate needs to be aware of continual change within the programme and the need to realign resources to suit.
The candidate should have relevant Infrastructure Technology experience and preferably have managed the interface between technology, Facilities Management and construction teams, specifically in regards Intelligent building and AV.
This role will initially be required to produce project briefs incorporating all elements of the two work streams from both the facilities management and technology areas within the business and any other areas as required. Once the briefs have been approved by the Programme Board, strong project governance will be required to be implemented by the Senior Project Manger to ensure visibility across the programme and delivery to the agreed timeframes.
Strong Programme Management skills are essential including chairing and managing of meetings with senior stakeholders, managing plans, risks, issues and dependencies, as well as good presentation and communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to facilitate senior decision making working at all levels is key.
The role will be Central London based but may also include some travel to sites based outside London (South of England).
Experience and understanding of major office builds, moves and refits is necessary.
- To deliver the programme and projects to the agreed budget, timescales and functionality using the Schroders project delivery framework from inception through to post implementation review
- To set up and run project governance committees as required
- To agree the programme and project objectives and scope with the Project Sponsor and Steering Group
- To ensure project plans are developed and agreed with the Project Sponsor, the Steering Group and other key stakeholders and that the project is delivered in accordance with those plans
- To manage incoming and outgoing dependencies
- To manage the scope of the project documenting and controlling the impact of change
- To identify, acquire and manage the human and technical resources required by the project - internal and third party supplied
- To be responsible for managing the project budget, highlighting over- or under-spend at the appropriate level
- To identify and manage programme level risks, issues and assumptions
- To track, monitor and report on overall progress (time, cost and quality) and any potential for change
- To manage delivery of services and products from external suppliers to ensure effective implementation into the technical and business operations of 3rd party applications.
- To manage project communication and ensure the project documentation is completed and accepted
- To manage operational readiness and ensure handover to support teams, the business and other key stakeholders is delivered successfully
- To ensure projects are closed effectively holding a project closure meeting when appropriate.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76715947