Senior Enterprise Architect
Highways England is the new government owned company responsible for driving forward our motorways and major A roads. This includes; modernising and maintaining the highways, running the network and keeping traffic moving. Over recent years, investment in our highways has increased. This has led to advances in technology, such as smart motorways; enabling traffic to flow better. However, even more is yet to be done.
Certainty of funding and greater flexibility will enable us to become a better business. In our first 5 years alone, we'll invest £11 billion in motorways and A roads - boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety. At the same time, we'll improve how we work. That means we will be able to; plan roadworks better to minimise disruption; clear incidents more quickly; and save more than £1 billion by working more efficiently.
For further information on Highways England, please visit our website: www.highwaysengland.co.uk
We currently have an opportunity for Senior Enterprise Architect to join Highways England on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the technical design of systems and services across the Oracle Fusion implementations. You will also oversee that other services and systems are running to a high quality standard, ensuring the technical work fits into the broader strategy for Highways England and government.
Day to day
- Hold responsibility for the overall solution including the Fusion platform, modules and configuration and also the integrations, security and data
- Own the architecture and overall solution of the new Fusion platform
- Responsibility for leading the technical design of systems and services, and justifying and communicating their design decisions
- Ensuring the technical work fits into the broader strategy for Highways England and Government
- Support the Management team to embed a culture of service ownership and improvement, identifying recommendations for change
- Create an optimal design through an iterative process, aligning such factors as the user need with the system requirements and organisational objectives
- Drive improvements in health and safety performance ensuring effective practice is promulgated to staff and partners and carry out any tasks identified to the post in the relevant sections of the Health and Safety plan
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Experience on working in a structured IT programme/project management environment
- Demonstrable experience on leading, directing and managing a team to deliver major programme/projects with a high risk profile and significant complexity
- Experience of directing a service with an understanding of the customer needs and requirements
- Strong commercial skills with the ability to negotiate and manage contracts
- Ability to engage effectively with professional, technical and other service delivery staff at all levels and with different technical understanding
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible.
All applicants must provide their right to work documentation at interview stage, such as a valid passport.
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76711949