As Plant Manager in NOV’s ISE division, Gateshead, you will develop efficiency strategies to ensure the plant meets production goals and standards at minimal manufacturing costs. You will drive continuous improvement and optimisation of all processes and oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing ensuring policies and procedures are followed. As Plant Manager you will oversee planning, organising, and regulating of production and maintenance operations to guarantee effective return on capital. Crucial to this role will be your ability to drive continuous improvement processes within a manufacturing/engineering environment, implementing KPIs and metrics as well as providing accurate and realistic reports to key stakeholders. As Plant Manager you will be expected to harness a working environment which encourages team work, accountability and an engaged workforce. You will be responsible for improving productivity and profitability through the implementation of effective work methods and problem solving tools.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establish and implement a manufacturing business strategy which:
o maximises profitability for the business within timescales by driving improvements in cost structures including manufacturing efficiency and sourcing/purchasing cost improvements.
o achieves a culture of continuous improvement and engagement by all people to make processes more efficient.
• Deliver accurate financial forecasting numbers based upon current backlog and linked to the planned output / production schedule.
• Drive the site to deliver output in-line with the committed forecast.
• Input projected delivery dates for future forecasted demand to enable an accurate MPFY (Most Probable Financial Year) forecast to be generated.
• Drive the site and facilitate the sales team’s success to overachieve the financial plan.
• Provide projected delivery dates to the sales teams as required for the sales quotation process. Provide the best possible date for both the client and NOV taking on board the operating circumstance to include: the urgency by which the client requires the order, the market competition along with the ability of the site to deliver on time and to budget.
• Input projected delivery volumes for future forecasted demand along with expected COGS and operating costs to enable the annual planning process to be undertaken.
• Implement strategies in alignment with ISE global strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
• Introduce and monitor additional processes and six sigma methods including. 5s, Lean manufacturing principles, Kaizen etc.
• Maintain company KPI's and ensure targets are communicated to Managers, use operational metrics to root cause analyse any problems.
• Monitor customer issues, feedback, deadlines and deliverables and ensure internal/external customer issues are handled effectively and quickly adapting internal processes as and where necessary.
• Manage the facility within operating budget.
• Advise on and implement production methods and techniques whilst preparing justifications for new capital expenditure.
• Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimising unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
• Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time delivery. Create plans and own the drive to improve results that are below target.
• Collect and analyse data to find places of waste or overtime.
• Develop systems and processes that track and optimise productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
• Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts.
• Develop robust internal processes to ensure material and resource requirements are available to meet actual and forecast sales demand.
• Accomplish plant objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements, allocating resources, reviewing progress and making mid-course corrections.
• Foster a positive team ethos geared towards profitably satisfying client requirements and a sense of urgency to address customer concerns.
• Utilise NOV specialist support functions in order to develop, monitor people skills and achieve business goals.
• Establish a cadence from the staff (at least monthly) to the shop floor to review actual performance (check) to KPIs and business targets and establish appropriate countermeasures to adjust.
• Develop an effective team structure with communication to get people engaged and focused on the top priority business needs.
• Provide QHSE leadership ensuring personal/team compliance with legislation and Company policies and drive a culture that health and safety is our top priority.
• Be fully familiar and conversant with department and company policies, procedures and processes, ensuring all work and actions undertaken are in full compliance at all times.
• Travel when required as dictated by business need.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
·Understands the business needs and drivers and connecting them to the objectives of key stakeholders
·Anticipates the impact of change and rises to the challenge, with the ability to accept/manage risk and uncertainty
·Can create competitive breakthrough strategies as well as plan and operationalise innovative ideas
·Be willing to provide colleagues/key stakeholders with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
·Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately
·Uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion
·Able to mentor and develop direct reports through formal processes and exposure to new tasks
·Clearly communicates direction and aspirations, sets metrics and conducts regular review with constructive feedback
·Able to define, work within and improve business processes based on immediate and future business needs
·Can be counted on to take personal responsibility in challenging situations and be willing to engage in disputes in order to settle them equitably
·Able to comprehensively define roles, identify talent and effectively staff in accordance with business structural requirements
·Anticipates obstacles and is prepared with contingency plans so as not to impede the drive to the goal; keeps everyone on track
·Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing
·Is a consummate networker who can initiate relationships within and between organisations that leverage the strengths and capabilities of all parties
Personal and Interpersonal
·A strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
·Ability to work with executives and shop floor operators to drive a teamwork mentality by communicating goals and progressing towards them
·Gathers feedback, acts upon it improving perceived weaknesses and limitations to build a repertoire of skills
·A candid team player who is fair, gains trust and collaborates with peers to solve problems
·Promotes a win-win ethos and inclusive team culture in line with business strategy
·Bachelor's degree in manufacturing engineering or related engineering discipline or equivalent.
·Experience within multi-disciplined Production / Plant Management role covering CNC machining, Fabrication, Assembly and Testing is essential
·Working knowledge of implementing and monitoring of corrective action programs.
·Extensive experience in financial forecasting and annual financial planning is essential.
·Experience within purchasing/sourcing
·Proven experience in the successful application of Lean and CI techniques.
·Working knowledge of Engineering Manufacturing environments
Skills, training or special knowledge
·Knowledge of disciplines of manufacturing management such as production, inventory control, variable cost productivity, quality systems and metrics.
·Day to day/monthly working knowledge and understanding of balance sheets and P&L accounts.
·Solid understanding of Lean Manufacturing and Change Management and have theoretical and practical experience in implementing lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques such as 5S.
·Managing manufacturing budgets
·Six Sigma Black Belt
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76709403