Data Scientist/Sr Pricing Analyst
The online travel market never stands still. At Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), we're smack in the middle of it. We're an entrepreneurial start-up inside the world's biggest travel company. We build the tools and technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect hotels for their next trip.
We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the tech industry in an energetic and international work environment. We are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
Revenue Optimization at EAN
The revenue optimization team is responsible for generating significant revenue growth for the organization. We use advanced modelling techniques in order to make data-driven business decisions and identify new opportunities to exploit for growth. We are looking to extend the team and build on the strong growth results delivered to date. We are a great team.
You will have a unique opportunity to utilize your passion for data whilst refining your business development skills and amassing significant knowledge about what makes EAN tick. You will rely on your analytical background to help identify and exploit opportunities for future revenue growth, directly impacting EAN's bottom line. You will balance your eye for detail with a solid grasp of the bigger picture, allowing you to understand the implications of your ideas on the business as a whole. You will take ownership of long-term projects, requiring you to translate commercial insights into technical solutions, manage timelines and communications both with team members as well as external teams at different organizational levels, including significant exposure to leadership.
- You have a strong interest and ability to assess the business impact of technical decisions
- You are curious, analytical and excited to use the power of technology to solve commercial business problems
- You can work through problems and work towards goals independently, even when hurdles occur.
- Learn and understand the problem at hand - you ask questions and you validate empirical findings
- You are able to translate requirements to/from technical requirements.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills which help you explain complex topics in simple terms
- You have a degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Engineering, or similar. An MBA degree is a plus
- You have good experiences in a commercial role focused on extracting business value from technical insights.
- Programming: experience in R, Python or similar to analyze, transform and visualize data. Knowledge of database querying (SQL), relational databases.
- Modelling: experience applying common modelling/forecasting techniques at scale - e.g. linear/logistic regression, Markov models, machine learning techniques, etc. A deep understanding of statistics and hypothesis testing is also required.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76702841