An excellent opportunity for an experienced qualified Finance Manager to join a Global Market leading consultancy firm at their prestigious UK head office in Manchester. Reporting to the divisional Director within the Finance Business Partnering function you will be responsible for the following.
Promoting a continuous improvement environment with strong commercial awareness and a pro-active approach to identifying and managing risk. Strong financial control and value added financial reporting to support business critical decisions that maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
Key regional responsibilities:
* Support both the Finance and wider business teams in financial risk management, governance and control related activities in line with the Global Finance tenets.
* Project Team Support - build relationships and improve collaboration with project teams demonstrating strong understanding of project performance and associated risks. Assist the teams with ad-hoc requests such as client audits, cost reviews and trend analysis.
* Reporting and Analysis - develop and maintain reporting to support business decisions and risk mitigation, key areas being P&L, cash and backlog. Reporting should provide visibility that drives change and enables challenge to the Operational teams
* Reporting to month end deadlines demonstrating accurate accounting records and internal controls with close liaison with project teams and senior management. Ensure strict adherence to revenue recognition policy and processes throughout
* Budgeting and Forecasting - timely and accurate completion of budgets and forecasts with comprehensive trend and KPI analysis including management of risk and opportunity registers. Strong understanding of targets and associated challenges to support delivery and achievement.
* Cash management - co-ordinate project cash flow forecasts with monthly WIP and debt reviews to improve/maintain working capital. Influence efforts directed towards debt collection as and when necessary
* Project start up, closure and project administration - Ensure appropriate documentation is in place to allow accurate project set-up, execution and close
* Rate Management - periodic review of internal CTE rates and external sales rates in line with commercial agreements
* Other responsibilities - supporting ad-hoc projects and initiatives as required (eg: system development, JV set-up, tender support and internal/external audit processes). Flexible approach to working and travelling.
* Quality - Continuously improve processes and reporting to manage risk and deliver efficient and effective practices and ensure strong internal controls
* SOX Compliance monthly reporting*
* Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
* Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
* Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
* In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the department as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationships.
* Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
This is an excellent role with a lot of visibility across the business and therefore a great platform to elevate yourself in the eyes of the Directors. You will be responsible for the management of a small yet experienced team. The successful candidate will have strong commercial acumen with the ability to influence at all levels. You will be professional qualified and ideally had exposure working within an American owned business with SOX and US Gaap experience.
For more information on this role please forward your CV to Martin Parr today. Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76693731