Desktop Infrastructure Programme Manager
Desktop Infrastructure Programme Manager - MS Amlin
We're a global specialty insurer and reinsurer with over a hundred years' experience in the insurance markets. Our strong foundations and superior financial strength show that we are here for the long-term.
Our track record is built on a proven strategy; encouraging our teams to apply Amlin's successful underwriting formula, incorporating a dynamic approach to risk, all the while developing a geographically diverse global portfolio.
We're also passionate about supporting our professionals with everything they need to deliver a highly focused service to our clients. This includes empowered decision-making, outstanding technical expertise and significant capacity, combined with a strong brand and enviable reputation.
There are compelling reasons for our brokers and clients to work with us; the empowerment and skill of our people, our well capitalised operating platforms, the strength of our ratings, and the locations where we operate to name but a few. The value we add is also reflected in the many industry awards Amlin has received.
We underwrite more than 30 classes of business through three underwriting platforms: Syndicate 2001 at Lloyd's, Amlin AG, Switzerland and Amlin Europe, The Netherlands. Our underwriting teams will help assess where risks can be most effectively placed.
The Role - What Is the Background?
- This is a newly created position and will be part of one of the broader infrastructure programmes within the organisation. The Strategic Infrastructure Roadmap.
- The programme has 3 main components, desktop, data centre and networks. The programme is a global programme and this will stretch across the group, circa 2500 users.
- The data centre and network pieces of the programme are being managed by another Programme Manager but this role will be responsible for managing the desktop element.
- The programme is currently in the definition phase and this role will have the opportunity to shape the resource management and the reporting structure within this stream of the programme.
What Skills & Experience Will Be Required For This Position?
- Experience of undertaking a similar role at Programme level in which global desktops and emails were replaced.
- An ability to demonstrate experience in a programme level role of this nature through from the planning and design phase through to delivery.
- Experience of working on international roll outs and roll outs which have covered both small and large sites. Understanding the complexity and challenge which each presents will be key to this role.
- Experience of migrating services to the cloud within an infrastructure environment.
- Solid knowledge and exposure to working with virtualization technologies, active directory and Office 365 will be desirable.
- Experience of managing multiple workstreams on large programmes end to end from conception through to delivery.
- Experience of working within a structured financial services environment and understanding the challenges this presents will also be key.
This is an exciting opportunity to join at the start of a globally reaching programme with the potential for a long running contract. Please send your CV and suitable applicants will be contacted in due course.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76700781