AJ Chambers are currently working with a multiple award firm of Chartered Accountants based in Essex who are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant based full-time at their Romford office.
The firm offer a wide range of personal client services including self-assessment, income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax, estate planning and trusts, and revenue enquiries and investigations.
They also offer a full range of accounting and audit services to clients of all sizes and sectors, from major corporates to sole traders. An example of the specialist sectors includes healthcare, charities, pharmacies and UK subsidiaries.
Key duties will include (but are not limited to) the following: -
- Completing monthly and weekly payrolls for clients, including setting up auto enrolment schemes on Sage Payroll and submitting schedules to deadlines;
- Holding both group and one-on-one training sessions with clients on QuickBooks Online and Xero;
- Creating and submitting CIS and EPS returns on behalf of clients on a monthly basis;
- Monthly preparation and filing of VAT returns;
- Setting up PAYE, CIS and VAT with HMRC;
- Preparing monthly deadline spreadsheets for the practice;
- Attending on-site visits with clients once a week to assist with bookkeeping duties;
- Communicating with HMRC on a daily basis through both telephone conversations and letters;
- Assisting with the preparation of company and partnership accounts;
- Producing personal tax returns for both directors and individuals including rental income and investment income;
- Completing general administration tasks within the office including completing the new client engagement process.
For further information on this role, please apply direct or contact Billie Vallance at AJ Chambers