Category Specialist - Convenience Retail
This category specialist role is working for a global FTSE25 organisation. The ideal candidate will have retail experience and will ideally have grocery or logistics category/procurement experience.
The primary focus of the CS role is to support the Category Manager Convenience Retail to define category strategies by performing analysis and co-ordinating key inputs e.g. supply market analysis, cost modelling and benchmarking. The CS also supports the Category Manager Convenience Retail to implement assigned category strategy projects by managing the localisation of the category strategy, sourcing activities and contract management to agreed timelines, and supplier management activities. They are also responsible for supporting the Category Manager Convenience Retail in delivering value to the business by ensuring compliance with agreed category strategies and sourcing expectations. Ultimately they are responsible for the execution of all of these activities to deliver the objective of providing the business with a supply base that supports safe, reliable and compliant operations, and that also delivers the innovation and business benefits agreed in the category strategy.
Stakeholder Management Support
* In support of the Category Manager Convenience Retail, manage the interface between category strategy development and implementation by the delivery organisation, working in partnership with Category Excellence, GBS, Business Interface and Business teams, across assigned subsectors and or locations.
** Supports the objective of no compromise on safe and compliant operations
* Support the Category Manager develop a strong working relationship with the Convenience Centre of Excellence team
* Support the CoE Retail Strategy by providing access to Procurement tools and reporting
* Support the build out of a pipeline of initiatives in support of the CoE and trading teams Sales and COGS targets
* Support the development of a Supplier Performance Management framework for Strategic Suppliers, across assigned scope.
* Ensure the appropriate risk mitigation measures are in place for Supplier/Partner Selection and contractual protection.
Category Strategy & Implementation Support
* Develop category strategies for assigned categories, which may be medium complexity categories (dependent on category scope and seniority of Category Specialist)
* Support CM to ensure a deep expertise within the category area, by accessing MI and external knowledge to ensure the category strategy is informed by an intimate knowledge of the supply market, key dynamics and latest thinking within the field
* Coordinate inputs to the development of category and sourcing strategies i.e. supply market analysis, cost modelling and benchmarking for assigned locations and or portfolios.
* Working with the global category network, supports the development of new and innovative global sources of supply, and working with the business interface organisation, helps to build understanding and support for new sources of supply in the business
* Support Category Manager Retail Convenience with category strategy implementation activities including localisation of category strategies and contract management
* Support Category Manager Retail Convenience to ensure timeliness and quality of all contracts required for safe, compliant and reliable business operations i.e. implementation in the appropriate systems, category compliance, contract management
* Support local contract management, performance reporting and the monitoring and management of compliance
* Accountable for value delivery tracking from the category strategy implementation.
* Responsible for the Value Delivery in the assigned category and regional scope
* Responsible for the development and delivery of annual plans for category and scope.
* Working with the business interface organization, routinely communicates with integrity across key business stakeholders to align the strategic intent of the category strategy and the regional/local business needs.
Sourcing and Supplier Management
* Support global and regional contract negotiation and execution, across agreed activities and programs
* Support global, local and regional supplier management activities, within agreed portfolio / subcategories.
* Execute sourcing (high-medium complexity categories) and oversee sourcing execution by GBS (low-medium complexity categories)
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76688427