Multi Skilled Engineer
Our business is concerned with the manufacture and sale of food products. We strive for the highest standards of customer service together with professionalism, courtesy and efficiency, which can only be maintained through your contribution and commitment.
It is essential that our various teams are disciplined, well organised and work to a high standard. We expect all employees to be co-operative and supportive team members and to be flexible in their working activities according to business needs.
Brief Description about the role
Multi skilled Engineer to do 4 on 4 off rotating shift pattern.
To maintain Plant and building services to achieve the highest level of performance, reliability, product quality and safety.
Main duties and responsibilities
The areas of responsibilities contained within this job description is not exhaustive and an employee may be asked to do other duties in line with the needs of the business.
- Reports to Engineering Manager.
- To achieve a good understanding of Production processes.
- Ability to diagnose process machinery faults.
- To diagnose faults in all machinery and auxiliary components.
- Use of Computerized Preventative maintenance system to keep records of system up to date with accurate work summaries.
Critical Success Factors
- To reduce and Engineer out Plant Failures.
- To fill in Maintenance records correctly and keep them up to date.
- Fast, efficient diagnosis and repair of plant.
Qualifications and Experience:
Recognized Engineering qualification/work skills required:
- City and Guilds
- Recognised Engineering qualification.
- Previous experience in a maintenance Engineering Role.
- Safe Electrical working certificate.
- Ability to complete Basic work on 3 phase and single phase electrical systems for general fault finding etc.
- General Fabrication skills and welding.
- Use of Computer for reports and logging jobs on Maintenance system.
- Worked within food industry.
- Familiar / trained with C.O.S.H procedures.
- Familiar / trained with I.O.S.H procedures.
- Familiar / trained with H.A.C.C.P procedures.
- Familiar / trained with Food Hygiene procedures.
- Forklift licence.
- Access Platform licence.
- Worked on Steam and Boiler systems.
- Worked on Pneumatic systems.
- Worked on Hydraulic systems.
Â Person Specification:
- Ability to work as an individual or as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize workloads.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office packages.
- To treat others with dignity and respect.
- Endeavour to deliver the best quality service to internal and external customers alike.
- To be flexible with working hours if given notice.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959239966