Senior Software Developer
My client is a global independent investment office serving endowments, foundations, pension funds and ultra-high net-worth families by providing wholly independent portfolio management advice on asset allocation.
Today, they have over $19bn in assets under management.
- IT Strategy (40%): The candidate will be involved in discussions of future strategy development and will be expected to generate ideas and suggestions to improve to existing systems and infrastructure.
- Software Development (60%): The primary responsibility is to work on all phases of the software development cycle including gathering requirements, system design, development, testing and implementation to automate and enhance operational and front office systems. The role also includes the maintenance of existing systems and processes by fixing bugs and making enhancements to improve efficiency and the end user?s experience.
- At least five years of industry programming experience
- Experience developing web applications using a PHP or Python development stack.
- Experience in C#, PHP Stack, Angular JS
- Excellent education, you will have graduated in the top quartile of your class having studied Computer Science or an equivalent technical degree from a top-rated university.
- Financial Services experience is not a prerequisite, the ideal candidate should have an interest in financial and capital markets.
- Passion for solving complex programming problems.
- Thorough knowledge of object oriented design patterns, data structures, code optimisation, unit testing
- The candidate should also have broad interests encompassing fields such as agile development techniques, shell scripting, time series analysis and data visualization.
The candidate will be joining a small team where the impact will be immediate and tangible. To be effective the candidate needs to be curious, practical, committed to developing high quality code and be able to apply clear judgement and critical thinking, as well as collaborate closely with others in the firm. The candidate will be working directly with investment and client service professionals and must have a flexible and entrepreneurial approach to their work with an appetite for challenges.
The salary is competitive and would include a bonus, depending on candidate?s experience and qualifications.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959240165