Head of Finance - Fintech
Help us build a new stockbroker that is fresh, tech-driven and cares about our customers. We are creating a beautiful investing app to trade real shares, with zero commissions or fees. Our goal is to make investing in the stock market easy and affordable for everyone, everywhere.
We’re looking for a qualified accountant with an entrepreneurial streak to take ownership of the finance function at a new kind of financial institution, one that is fit for purpose in 2017. You are an ambitious, self-starting finance professional that wants to make an impact with the work you do.
This is an exceptional opportunity to get in at ground level, with commensurate stock options, to a business that has huge growth potential - we already have 14,000 on a waiting list to use the product. We’ll be rolling out share trading accounts to customers in the next few months, so you’ll join us during an exciting period of change and growth.
This is the top finance role at the company and you will work closely with engineering, compliance and operations to design and operate the systems that let our firm run smoothly, with the help of technology. As our company grows, you will have the opportunity to build out the finance team and take an increasingly senior role within the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Establishing and maintaining a strong internal control environment over the company's accounting, financial and regulatory procedures
- Ownership of day to day financial accounting, reporting and control (eg daily client money calculations, balance sheet reconciliations, liquidity monitoring, etc)
- Managing the finance and operations team
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts
- Coordinating the preparation and submission of regulatory reports to the FCA and other regulatory bodies
- Acting as the main point of contact for the firm’s external and internal auditors for both statutory and regulatory audit purposes
- Providing financial support and analysis to all parts of the business to support data-driven decision-making
- ACA qualified, or equivalent, ideally at a big 4 firm
- Proven experience developing internal controls at a regulated financial institution
- Excellent knowledge of financial reporting standards
- Prior experience either managing, auditing, or advising on client money and assets for a UK-based financial services firm
- Structured and systematic way of working, as well as excellent time management
- Proactive, confident and resourceful when navigating through ambiguity
- Commitment and drive to roll up your sleeves and complete whatever work is necessary
- Loves technology
- Previous experience at an FCA regulated stockbroker or investment management company
- Previous experience at a startup or small fast-growing team
- Familiarity with the FCA handbook and client asset sourcebook (CASS)
- Relevant professional qualifications, eg CISI certifications
- A competitive salary (up to £80k pa dependent on experience)
- A chance to own part of the company you are building through stock options
- Flexible working arrangements (HQ in Soho) and flexible benefits package
- Opportunity to make an impact in a fast growing company
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76653747