Fixed Recoverable Costs Fee Earner
Our client a leading light within the Legal industry are currently seeking a Fee Earner to join their team.
To negotiate and settle costs on all portal and fixed costs matters. To pursue the settlement of costs as expediently and economically as possible. It is important that the job holder can quickly review and evaluate files and identify issues to incorporate into initial costs strategy, commence early telephone negotiations with other side and liaise with Insurers if necessary.
- Responsible for management of own caseload using in-house case and costs management systems, including internal costs calculator software to produce accurate calculations of costs due.
- Preparation of points of dispute and evaluation of replies.
- Preparing points of dispute and considering replies.
- Reviewing files to identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Preparing cost strategy document to reflect this.
- Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls.
- Undertaking periodic reviews of files in line with Client requirements.
- Undertaking periodic reviews of files in line with internal and Client requirements.
- Settling files and recording all necessary MI.
- Updating internal reports as required with settlement data.
- Meeting agreed performance targets.
- To ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011.
- 6 months experience as a minimum in a legal environment
- Good standard of education - 3 GCSE's grade C or above or equivalent including Maths, English & Science as a minimum.
- Excellent telephone negotiation skills
- Previous experience of handling own caseload.
- Have an understanding of Provisional and Detailed Assessment processes, Cost Case Law and trends and Insurance Litigation practice & process.
Please apply with an up to date CV for more information on this exciting role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76659132