Senior Registered Nurse
BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital in Guildford is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse - Oncology to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
This is a PART time role for 15 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Shifts are Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Valid NMC Registration
- Registered Nurse Level 1 with 3 years oncology /medical experience
- Evidence of professional development within scope of PREPP
- ENB 998 or other relevant qualification
- To communicate effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Venepuncture and cannulation skills preferable
- NB 237 or appropriate oncology related qualifications desirable
- Knowledge of NMC Professional Codes and an awareness of Hospital Policies
- Evidence of competency in area of practice
- Motivated to learn new skills and develop self
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Counselling skills
Duties of this role include:
- To be part of a dedicated team of nurses with the knowledge, skills and ability to care for patients in the oncology setting of Priory Hospital.
- To assess patients suitability for treatment.
- To administer chemotherapy medications as prescribed by a Consultant Oncologist and monitor and report the effects on the patient.
- Accountable for ensuring that you provide the highest standard of service to all clients and staff who use the hospital
- To provide care based on sound knowledge and current research findings
- To accept responsibility and be professionally accountable for coordinating total nursing care for designated patients
- Demonstrate a consistently high standard of nursing care, developing care standards and monitoring their effectiveness
- Promote a patient centred style of clinical practice, maintaining accurate and legible records of patient care
- To act as advocate to patients, ensuring a patient orientated approach to the delivery of care
- Ensure the storage and administration of drugs is conducted with adherence to hospital policies
- To abide by NMC Code of Conduct at all times and practice within the NMC Scope of Professional Practice, adhering to Company/Hospital policies and procedures
- To actively guide, direct and supervise Healthcare Assistants, discussing and planning patient care plans, delegating responsibility for specific aspects of care ensuring that supervision is maintained at all times and care outcomes evaluated together. Responsibility is delegated not abdicated and the accountability for the patient care remains at all times with the registered nurse.
- To maintain harmonious working relationships within the department, hospital and outside agencies.
- Attend all mandatory training requirements
- Keep up to date with professional issues, promoting evidenced based care and embracing new ideas that influence nursing practice relating to area of practice
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.