English Teacher - Second in Department
About Oasis Academy Enfield
Oasis Academy Enfield opened in September 2007. The Academy was inspected by Ofsted in April 2015 and praised for its ‘ethos of high expectations’ and judged ‘good’ in all categories. This school is committed to nurturing students with both academic competence and fully developed character. The young people who join the Academy are subject to high expectations and are stretched and challenged in their learning and personal development. All students are treated as individuals; there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach. Learning is active, hands on, engaging and fun. Oasis Academy Enfield is a school for the community and a school for the 21st Century, preparing our young people for their future.
To allow every student to become the very best version of themselves and reach their full potential we are seeking to appoint an experienced English teacher who:
- Is a proven outstanding and inspiring teacher with a passion to share pedagogy and best practice
- Has high expectations and a commitment to raising standards of attainment across all key stages
- Has up-to-date knowledge of teaching and behaviour management strategies.
- Is able to work as a strong and effective team player
- Is a passionate and driven individual with good communication and organisational skills and will strive to make a difference to the lives of our students and their communities.
- Committed to the Oasis ethos
In return we can offer you:
- the chance to work within a forward thinking school as part of a dynamic and inspirational team
- twice as much high quality continuous professional development as the average UK school
- opportunities to further your career ambitions through the National Professional Qualification for Middle Leaders
- being part of an award winning MAT with fantastic opportunities for career development and progression
- a well resourced school
- friendly, supportive and enthusiastic colleagues
- access to a staff gym
- a laptop
- free tea and coffee
- easy access to the M25 - five minutes away from junction 25 - and five minutes away from a mainline railway station
- affordable housing on the fringe of London
If you are a driven individual who is a creative thinker and passionate and enthusiastic about delivering exciting and innovative English lessons with the ability to engage young people in enriching their lives, then we would love to receive an application from you.
Oasis Academy Enfield is part of the Oasis Community Learning family, a multi-academy sponsor with the express purpose of transforming schools into community Hubs, through applying a holistic view of education.
How to Apply
For further information, including an application pack and full job description, please visit our website or contact Sue Radford (HR Manager) on 01992 655400 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications and enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence
- Closing date for applications is 9.00 am Monday 9th October 2017
- Interviews will be held later that week
- Visits to the Academy are most welcome prior to application. Please contact Sue Radford by email at email@example.com to arrange this or for an informal discussion
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role’
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis Community Learning ethos.