Experienced Inclusion Manager
Swaffield is a friendly, vibrant and successful school for children from 3 – 11 which is located in the heart of Wandsworth. Our school serves a richly diverse community and we do our utmost to ensure that each child is given every opportunity to learn and succeed.
The governors of Swaffield School wish to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational candidate to have strategic responsibility for Inclusion across the school. We are looking to appoint someone with experience of working with children with a range of additional needs and a good knowledge of the SEND agenda.
You will hold the National SENCO qualification or be working towards the qualification. You will be able to effectively lead and manage a team of support staff and work closely with parents/carers and professionals.
We are looking for someone who:
- is passionate about making learning effective and enjoyable
- has excellent classroom practice
- has good organisation, management and leadership skills.
- has experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- can support staff in creating an environment in which our children feel safe, valued and happy
In return we can offer:
- a committed and friendly team aiming for excellence
- children who are well behaved , happy and eager to learn
- a commitment to high quality professional development
- a senior role with the opportunity to contribute to whole school improvement
- a supportive and encouraging Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body
This is a full time, senior management position with responsibility for ensuring effective provision for children with Special Educational Needs and English as an Additional Language. This is a non-class based role.
Please contact Riyaz Dayal, School Business Manager, on 020 8874 2825 to make an appointment.
Visits are essential.
To apply please download an application pack from the Wandsworth Council website which can be found via the ‘visit website’ button at the top of this page.
Alternatively please contact the school for any further details on the telephone number or email below.
Completed application should be returned to the school by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12 October 2017 (at noon)
Interviews: week beginning 16 October 2017
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs
SWAFFIELD PRIMARY SCHOOL
St Ann’s Hill, London SW18 2SA
Tel: 020 8874 2825
Headteacher: Mrs Christine Lilley