Assistant Principal - Behaviour and Welfare
Small Heath Leadership Academy is seeking to appoint a well-motivated and proactive person to join its leadership team with responsibility to further improve the quality of student behaviour throughout the Academy. We are looking for an outstanding leader; someone with high expectations, a love of teaching, able to inspire, laugh and enjoy the challenges of the role. You will need to be a team player; you will go the extra mile to support our students and want to continually develop the team.
You will demonstrate high standards of delivery in a consistent manner, be committed to improving achievement across all key stages and will be able to inspire both staff and students. You will be passionate about learning, well-motivated, dynamic and able to engage young people. Enthusiasm, a winning personality, and an imaginative approach to the delivery of the curriculum area and attention to detail are essential.
Do you have:
- Outstanding classroom practice?
- A track record of raising attainment?
- A creative and imaginative approach to teaching and learning?
- The knowledge, skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students?
- Experience in developing partnerships with the community and external organisations?
- Expertise in using technology to enhance teaching and learning?
- An ethos of high expectations for students and staff
- A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment
- A strong commitment to professional development and progression for all staff
The school will be part of Tauheedul Education Trust from January 2018, one the UKs leading education providers. Through our mission of educational excellence, character development and service to communities, we aim to fulfil our vision of nurturing today’s young people and inspiring tomorrow’s leaders.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please contact Graeme Harkness, Executive Principal on 0121-464-5650.
Closing date: Monday, 9 October 2017 at 12 noon.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure and Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.