Managament Accountant - 12 Month FTC
All round accountant required, this role involves: management accounting, financial accounting and also financial reporting.
Great commercial opportunity to join an ever growing, global business based in Weybridge.
My client is an instantly recognisable brand, they have modern offices and great benefits. They are currently looking for someone to cover a p[eriod of maternity which may have the opportunity to go permanent, for the right candidate!
- Gain an in depth understanding of the commercials of the key contracts to optimise profit and protect client from any commercial risk
- Ensure controls are in place to monitor and accurately forecast the regions financial performance.
- Develop actions to improve financial performance
- Produce timely and accurate monthly forecasts and actual results.
- Regional budgeting process
- Regional monthly commentary detailing risks and opportunities
- Provide financial support to the operational managers in order to reduce costs and maximise revenue.
- Ensure efficient management of working capital by reducing unbilled and effective collection of overdue accounts.
- Ensure that all contractual variations (price increases and volume changes) are accounted for and all additional work charged to customers.
- Liaise and provide support to internal and external auditors.
- Financial approval of purchase orders, invoices and authorising payments to suppliers.
- Ensure a proactive approach is taken to ensure timely billing and cash collection
- Provide support in contract negotiations
- Build strong and influential relationships both internally and externally
- Supporting the finance and management teams by completing routine accounting task for the company such as, accruals and prepayments, posting weekly and monthly payroll journals, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and timely, accurate completion of the monthly financial close.
- Ensuring the accurate financial accounting & reporting of the monthly, quarterly and YTD Company results to our UK division.
- Ensure local VAT is recorded appropriately within the accounts and reported on relevant returns accurately
- Assisting with other duties as determined by the FD
- Part Qualified - ideally activley studying towards ACCA/ CIMA
- Able to start in September, and comitt to a 12 month FTC
- Strong commercial background
- A minimum of three years management accounting experience.
- Familiar with month end processes within a large organisation
- Proven track record of impacting financial performance
- Excellent numeracy and literacy.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative.
- Ability to achieve deadlines.
- Strong excel skills
- £40K - may potentially stretch to £44K for the right candidate
- On-site parking
- Study support - the salary would need to be slightly lower in order to keep in budget
- Modern offices
- Great on-sight facilities
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76688690