Junior Windows Engineer
Junior Windows Engineer (London)
Leading Financial Services organisation would like to hire a Junior Windows Engineer for our technology infrastructure team in London.
We are looking to recruit a well-rounded professional with good systems administration experience across Windows servers and associated technologies including Citrix, VMWare and our Hybrid cloud offering utilising Microsoft Azure.
We ideal candidates will have a number of year's relevant experience with the drive to make the next step in their career.
The team is responsible for the management of the global Windows server estate, VMWare virtualisation platform, Citrix and Cloud platforms and perform day to day support and administration of each of these technologies as well as owning the architecture and design of this element of the Infrastructure.
We are very interested in candidates with strong Powershell scripting experience and an interest in WinOps.
The role involves working closely with other Infrastructure teams as well as developers and end users.
- 3rd line support of Microsoft Technologies
- Administration of HP server estate, Microsoft estate, Citrix and associated technologies.
- Maintaining a consistently high level of service delivery for incidents, requests and changes.
- Administration of Mans Azure tenant.
- Providing support and advice to other Infrastructure teams as well as developers and end users.
- Working with 3rd parties and suppliers to select and implement new technologies.
- 2nd line technical support role
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of how Microsoft technologies scale in a large environment
- Deep understanding of virtualisation technologies with at least 1 year hands on experience with either VMWare vSphere 5+ or Hyper-V.
- A current background in Microsoft core Infrastructure technologies: Windows Server 2012 R2/Windows Server 2016, Active Directory and DNS
- PowerShell / PowerCLI scripting for reporting and automation.
- Basic understanding of cloud technologies and how they can be beneficial to large organisations
- A current background in System Centre Configuration Manager or System Centre Operations Manager.
- Advanced PowerShell techniques
- Knowledge in any of the following areas:
- vRealise Automation
- Hyper converged technologies
- HP VSA
- Microsoft Azure/Hybrid Cloud
- Technical, IT Service Management (ITIL) or Project Management (PRINCE) certifications.
- A desire to learn and understand more about the Business environment in which you work.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76661166