.Net Developer - Pensions Regulator - Brighton - £44,612
Your new company
Pensions are making headlines. People are living longer, and need to save more for later life.
The Government has introduced a number of major reforms to the pensions system. At The Pensions Regulator, the UK regulator of work-based pension schemes, you can contribute to making these changes a success.
We strive to be a strong, agile, fair and efficient regulator and a well-informed and pragmatic thought leader. Through this we seek to gain the respect of employers, trustees, our partners and other stakeholders.
Together with our partners, we will create better outcomes in later life for workplace savers, drive up standards of trusteeship and improve savers' understanding of their situation.
We will make the regulator a great place to work and do all we can to support our people to reach their full potential by providing an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment.
Your new role
We're looking for a .Net Developer to work in a small development team on some cutting edge systems and application development projects.
You will be working with the latest Microsoft technologies and developing a mix of web based applications and critical business systems.
The ideal candidate will have significant commercial experience developing on the .Net platform and have a strong desire to develop their technical and soft skill set for joining us during a significant time in the pension landscape.
* Be responsible for analysing, implementing and testing application/database functionality as directed by the IT Development Leader
* Develop and maintain Web Applications, Web Services and Windows Services
* Develop and maintain back-office systems
* Assist in the development of IT systems and application functionality Responsible for basic business analysis
* Communicate patterns of information to assist in identifying horizontal themes; sharing relevant information
What you'll need to succeed
* Excellent knowledge of C# and .net framework
* Experience of Asp MVC and Asp.net
* Evidence of using TDD (e.g. use of Nunit and Moq)
* Good understanding of Object Orientated Design
* Good understanding of Design patterns in general (DI for example)
* Experience of developing restful Web Services
* Use of ORM tools (e.g Nhibernate or Entity framework)
What you'll get in return
As well as a salary of up to £44,612, we offer:
* Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
* discretionary bonus arrangements
* generous annual leave provision
* flexible working arrangements
* development opportunities
* enhanced parental leave arrangements
* a free employee assistance programme
* an excellent office location.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76692643