How many years of experience is required? – ideally 2-3 years post qualification experience
Is housing experience required? – Yes. Experience in a similar capacity with transferrable relevance will be considered. But candidate with housing background will take preference
What is the size of the team? – 3, they will be responsible for the Tax Assistant
This role is specifically looking for a candidate who is experienced in working in a similar role involving Real estate development ideally in the housing / public sector.
They will be supporting the Head of Taxation in the overall management of the tax affairs of the group, ensuring that areas of tax risk are identified and managed and monitored and ensuring that all tax returns are submitted within the statutory filing deadlines
The ideal candidate will be required to act in an advisory capacity, posing the necessary questions regarding the purchase of land and companies, ensuring due diligence. They will know the correct questions to ask in a changing environment, regarding the above, from a taxation perspective.
The candidate is expected to partner with the development team, assisting with future requisitions for a rapidly growing business. The ideal candidate will have ambitions to grow within the business as the role progresses and will be self-incentivised, hardworking and take a strong interest in their personal development.
Please be aware that the candidate will not be required to assist with the day to day compliance side
Please see below the Candidate requirements:
• Ability to communicate fluently and is able to present complex tax technical information to a non-technical audience.
• Takes the initiative to keep own and subordinates skills and knowledge of their technical or professional specialism up to date
• Managing the delivery of a challenging range of complex tax technical projects.
• Accountable for actions and decisions made not only by themselves but subordinates.
• Ability to effectively supervise, delegate and review subordinate work.
• Bias towards advisory / transaction work although will also be required to manage the delivery of the compliance and reporting work
• Act as the main point of contact for tax for the development and finance teams. This will include responding quickly to tax queries from the group and requests for input into investment committee appraisals.
• Building relationships with key stakeholders within the business as well as developing a strong working relationship with the group’s tax advisors and HMRC. Working closely with the Head of Taxation, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of complex group tax projects and liaising with tax advisors and lawyers on complex transactions.
• Responsible for ensuring that the group’s tax compliance obligations are met within the required deadlines. To support the Head of Taxation in delivering the group tax strategy, identifying and delivering tax training to the wider business, and to monitor and maintain the group tax risk register. Perform any other duties as may be reasonably requested by your line manager.
• Ideally CTA / ACA / ACCA qualified (or equivalent).
• Proven experience of PQE.
• Extensive real estate experience.
• Extensive up to date tax knowledge in particular (VAT, corporation tax, CIS)
• Experience of liaising closely with HMRC and advisors on complex tax issues.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• A demonstrable commitment to customer service
• Able to deliver consistently high service levels within a pressurised environment.
• Proven ability to managing the delivery of multiple projects
• To be able to set SMART targets and ensure delivery against targets by others.
• Ability to coach/develop junior team members
• To be proficient in operating IT systems, including Outlook, Word and Excel
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76676790