Procurement Category Manager
Job Description:Assessing current strategies, cost data and commodity profiles and business needs, in order to convert gathered intelligence into a proposed strategy to leverage best possible value for assigned categories. Taking ownership of assigned categories, engaging the customer in order to provide the major influence on strategy direction and delivering category benefits. Leading change in introducing and embedding assigned categories within a challenging environment across. Applying skills and endeavour to challenge existing boundaries where needed and overcome challenges in implementation. Drives cost reduction, measures and reviews performance and implements continuous performance improvement, reporting of benefits realization of assigned categories with over-arching business requirements. To facilitate the delivery of contractual arrangements and supporting structures required to deliver results on assigned categories. Using knowledge gained and commercial awareness to embed a category management approach. To support the Group Manager in acting as a change agent for assigned categories including driving relationships, preparing papers and chairing meetings, designing and delivering training solutions and presentations to both internal and external stakeholders. Captures future demand information and continually reviews changes in the marketplace and industry to reflect these changes within an adapting category strategy.
An interim is required to lead on specific category/categories to develop and deliver procurement transition, SRM and Contract Management reviews, guarantee procurement proprietary, and ensure ‘Value for Money’ is achieved. To do this they will take a strategic approach when managing all stakeholders, both internal and external, and collaborate with other departments and/or agencies. The Category Manager is required to manage strategic supplier relationships and business critical contracts, supporting the category lead in all commercial activities.
As a category manager you will:
• Manage a team of category analysts and category assistants
• Mentor and demonstrate leadership within teams or project teams to develop and implement corporate initiatives to control and secure compliance with business outcomes and to ensure continuous improvement in the field of procurement
• Provide day to day commercial advice to clients on procurement issues and governance, advising on and drafting appropriate procurement, and Contract Management strategies, which manage risk, exploit commercial opportunities and maximise value for money
• Manage cost drivers effectively;
• Manage relationships with internal category stakeholders and wider government;
• Support and create the establishment and maintenance of excellent relationships within customer organisations
• Manage and develop key Supplier Relationships to deliver exceptional performance in cost, service and quality;
• Participate in the productions of National/European legislation guidance and standards to influence these processes and inform the business
• Prepare contract management documents in conjunction with stakeholders
• Data analysis and specification reviews
• System review including Bravo and Contract finder
• Raising requisitions
• Raising POs
• Creating new contracts (for interims)
• Updating online guidance
• Completing the banner catalogue cross check review
Persuasion and influencing skills in working with internal customers and colleagues
Negotiation skills in working with suppliers and customers
Analytical capabilities to understand and apply essential procurement techniques such as Total Cost of Ownership, Financial Analysis and pricing models and to identify opportunities for process improvements
Research skills (including desktop research skills and access to market commentators) to investigate supply markets, suppliers and commodities / category areas
Knowledge of E-tendering and contract management systems
The successful candidate will have a valid Disclosure of Scotland or be willing to apply for one on CV submission.
Please Note: The lower pay rate advertised in this job description is the PAYE daily pay rate. The higher pay rate advertised in this job description is the highest Umbrella Company daily pay rate that the client is willing to pay up to.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76683756