SENIOR AGILE DEVELOPER
JOB REFERENCE NO : SMEAUG201701
JOB ROLE : SENIOR AGILE DEVELOPER
SALARY : £37000 to £45000
Location: 4-6 Station Approach, Ashford Middlesex, Surrey, TW15 2QN
· Building API and service solutions using Java, XML and RESTful API architectures.
· Coding automated test scripts, in accordance with industry-standard best-practice
· Contributing to the planning, design and implementation of test automation frameworks using best-practice techniques and principles
· Collaborating with stakeholders and software engineers on architectural topics and to refine and improve the user experience
· Contributing to all phases of the software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, implementation, and QA
· Participating in self-organising scrum teams with responsibility to drive technical excellence.
· Automated deployment and monitoring of services using frameworks and tools.
· Implementing projects following continuous deployment processes in the Cloud using AWS.
· Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
· Ensure our platform meets all security and encryption requirements
This role is for Java API Microservices developer to develop customer facing API endpoints:
· Extensive experience of Java development using Java8 and Angular JS, with experience using Open Source Java components and frameworks.
· API development using Swagger open specification
· Spring Cloud and Spring boot will be essential
· The ideal candidate will have the following:
· Experience in software development and technology for public facing web sites.
· Experience in Continuous Integration with Jenkins
· Detailed knowledge of the use of REST APIs for web technology, OAuth 2.0 and associated authentication and authorisation flows.
· Experience of deployment on Jboss open shift.
· Experience of Java Microservices in a production application with Spring Cloud, Spring Boot.
· Beneficial to have knowledge of Netflix cloud OSS, Cloud Foundry, Docker, and other Microservices-related components.
· Microservices - capacity management and planning in a multi-node production estate.
· Experience organising and performing prototyping and proof of concepts
· Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc)
· Experience working with IS Operations and Infrastructure teams to introduce change to the live estate.
· Ability to identify & take opportunities to improve productivity within the team.
· Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team, working well with colleagues and agree a common understanding and approach.
CLOSING DATE: 25/10/2017