My client are looking to recruit an Underwriter to join there busy credit lending team in Derby. Experience within an underwriting role is desirable but not essential. Your main role would be to assess and decision credit applications; maximising business opportunities whilst minimising risk, helping us build and develop new business sectors as we venture into them.
Hours of work:
It is shifts, Mon - Fri we run 3 shift patterns 8-5, 9-6, 10-7 you would do a week at a time on each shift so on a 3 week cycle. Then 1 in 3 Saturdays are required 9-5
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To identify and agree credit loans that will maximise revenue and reduce exposure to potential risk, within agreed mandates/criteria.
- Assess applicant credit files to determine suitability for various credit products.
- Utilise affordability and security credit bureau tools and products in decision making
- Utilise various valuation tools to determine asset values working within product loan to value parameters Identify agreements which are potentially fraudulent or require a level of further investigation
- Completing verification calls to new or potential customers and identifying any early warning indicators
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Experience in financial services or a relevant credit environment
- Knowledge of finance fundamentals and ideally within the consumer product range e.g. Unsecured Lending and Hire Purchase
- An understanding of credit bureaus, searches and scores
- An understanding of the relevant consumer credit acts and the consumer finance regulatory environment
- Minimum grade 'C' (GCSE or equivalent) in Maths and English Basic computer literacy - use of Microsoft office.
- Analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communicator with customer service skills
- Team player who can easily form effective working relationships
- Self-motivated and focused on personal performance and delivering results
- Flexible where required to ensure business targets are achieved
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76681963