Safe and Well Technician
Salary: £20,138- £23,398 per annum Grade 3
Location: Maidenhead Fire Station (mobile across Berkshire)
Excellent annual leave allowance of 24 days plus public bank holidays
Flexible working hours – full time 37 hours per week.
Two exciting opportunities exist to work within the Service Delivery team as a ‘Safe and Well Technician’.
The two post holders will be required to uphold standards of safety, by undertaking safe and well visits within the community and to assist the development of this area of Service work, positively contributing to the ‘Fire as a Health Asset’ strategy and allowing our communities to live safe and fulfilling lives.
The post holders will be responsible for liaison with managers and staff at all levels, working effectively with colleagues across the three Service Delivery Hubs and those at our Service Headquarters, to ensure safety interventions are delivered promptly. Equally, the post holders will be required to liaise with partner agencies.
The key focus of the role is:
- To make appointments with members of the public efficiently and professionally.
- To carry out safe and well visits, install smoke detectors and provide advice and guidance on preventing fires in the home. As well as assessment, provision and installation of a range of assistive technologies allowing individuals to live safely and independently in their own homes.
- To understand referral pathway processes and signpost to partner agencies, where need has been identified.
- To support the Service Delivery Hub and Adult Referral Programme (ARP) in the delivery of campaigns and events.
- To undertake specialist safe and well activities with partner agencies in support of individuals deemed most vulnerable.
Key role requirements:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including an exceptional telephone manner due to the high engagement aspect of this role.
- Good time management when working to deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and organisation skills – for example planning own workloads.
- Trustworthy and aware of their responsibilities in regard to the confidential nature of their work.
- Reliable, resilient and self motivated with a friendly and approachable manner.
- Computer literate using Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Able to work at heights off a small ladder.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours, which may encompass occasional evenings and weekend work.
- Holds and maintains a current EU driving licence.
Closing date for applications is 09:00 hours Monday 23 October 2017
It is anticipated that the interview process will run from 30th October 2017 to 10th November, 2017
We are committed to equality of opportunity, and is actively seeking a more diverse workforce. If you are disabled and meet the essential criteria of the role, you will be guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76684623