Finance & Reporting Manager
Up to £55,000 p/a + amazing benefits
Manchester city centre
The Co-op is changing. And it's changing fast. We're re-building our business to make it fit for the future, and our central costs finance hub team has a massive role to play in this transformation. The service they provide goes way beyond standard number crunching. It's about collaboration and working with the business to do the right thing for our colleagues, members and customers. And now we're looking to recruit a talented finance and reporting manager to join us and look at how we can improve our current processes and ways of working, driving consistency and looking at better ways of doing business. If you can bring us great attention to detail combined with certified financial accounting expertise, we can offer you an exciting opportunity to develop your skills and build a career with a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As a finance and reporting manager at the Co-op, it'll be up to you to look at how we can drive more efficiency across finance; challenging current processes and mind-sets across the team to make sure we're consistent in our approach, and information is always accurately recorded into the system (CEDAR) the first time round. You'll develop relationships with all kinds of people at all levels across the business, building rapport and bringing people round to the best way of thinking and doing things. It's a big job. But it's also a great opportunity to make a huge impact to the way we do business whilst shaping the strategic direction of our finance function.
What you'll do:
- line manage 2 people with different responsibilities; 1 person responsible for ensuring that the information in our financial ledger is accurate and complete in line with accounting period end timings , and the other for pulling information out of the system and producing accurate MI reporting to all levels across the group
- challenge our outputs, making sure the data and information is accurate, of the right quality and enables us to add value for our stakeholders
- manage various daily, weekly and monthly tasks to enable accurate management accounting and reporting
- manage the quarterly forecasts and planning cycles
- ad hoc reporting on the corporate cost base
- review and improve current processes and ways of working within the team
- build great relationships with people across the business, setting clear expectations ensuring that the best outcome for all is achieved
To be successful, you'll be an experienced accountant with the ability to drive and embed a culture of change. Attention to detail and spotting opportunities for improvement will be second nature, and you'll have a breadth of experience of carrying out intricate analysis and really tell a story with data and findings. And if you can build lasting and meaningful relationships with people on all levels across our business and beyond, you'll thrive in our fast-paced, collaborative culture.
We'd love to speak to you if:
- you're an experienced finance professional, qualified in CIMA or ACCA would be ideal
- you've experience of financial reporting and automating reports
- you've experience of driving process improvements and efficiencies
- you're able to conduct analysis and analytical reviews to add value to what data is telling us
- you have experience of working with a business to push change through
- you've experience of using systems, ideally CEDAR / COGNOS or similar
- you can bring line management experience, this would be desirable
173 years ago the Rochdale pioneers came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger, and it's thanks to them that as a Co-op colleague you'll receive a competitive salary and benefits including 27 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and an amazing pension.
We're actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences. And we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances. You can find out more about all our Co-op people policies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76206674