My client is a SaaS provider of global employee benefits and employee engagement software. Their award-winning platform is the global market leader in their sector and is used by HR teams within some of the World’s best-known brands. Due to continued growth, we are seeking an experienced Legal Counsel to join their small Legal Department, based at the London Head Office.
As Legal Counsel, you will provide advice on legal issues across the business with the primary focus being commercial contracts, intellectual property rights, data protection (including GDPR) and IT matters, including the Cloud. Responsibilities will include:
- Negotiating, reviewing and drafting contracts and legal documents
- Playing a supporting, and at times a leading role, in reviewing, drafting and advising on commercial contracts entered into by the business, particularly in the areas of IT and data protection.
- Advising business units on all areas of law
- Facilitating legal and commercial awareness and compliance across the business
- Maintaining and update the archive and database of legal templates and information (with support from a Paralegal)
- Managing external law firms and other professional advisors
- Provide legal support to the business on RFP’s and ad hoc projects
The successful Legal Counsel will have a good working knowledge of contract law, intellectual property rights, technology and data protection law. You will have excellent drafting, communication and negotiating skills, with the ability to manage relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners and providers. You will be a genuine team-player who enjoys working as part of a close-knit and sociable team.
Our client has a vibrant, team-based culture and, as such, we are looking for someone who enjoys working in collaboration with colleagues, has excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the confidence to work with senior colleagues.
In return, you can expect a role that will stretch and reward you in equal measure, in a company known for its active support of professional development and record of promoting from within.In addition to the basic salary of up to £75,000, the package includes bonus, Pension, Life Cover, Private Medical Insurance and Income Protection as well as a comprehensive range of flexible employee benefits which includes interest-free season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership, the option to buy additional days holiday (over and above the standard 25 days annual leave), free fruit and even a monthly massage at your desk (not compulsory!)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76664782