Butler Rose is currently representing a company in the housing industry based in London, in their search for a Tax Manager. This is 12 week temp to perm or fixed term contract for the suitable candidate.
The ideal candidate will need to be a Qualified Accountant (CTA/ACCA/ACA) or equivalent with up to date knowledge of VAT, CIS and corporation tax. You will also have experience within the housing/public sector industry and within a similar role. As the Tax Manager you will be reporting to the Head of Taxation, working with a team of 3 and have responsibility for the Tax Assistant.
- Support the Head of Taxation in all aspects of tax affairs for the company.
- Identify any tax risks and manage them accordingly.
- Ensure all tax returns are submitted to the statutory requirements.
- Act in an advisory capacity to ensure all questions are answered regarding a changing environment.
- Build strong working relationships with the team, other departments in the company and HMRC.
- Be the main point of contact for tax and deal with any requests promptly.
- Ensure the companies tax compliance requirements are met within set deadlines.
- Supervise team and delegate work.
- Any other duties required by your Line Manager.
Key attributes required:
- Qualified Accountant (CTA/ACCA/ACA)
- Experience in the housing/public sector.
- Tax accounting experience.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience liaising with HMRC.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and Stakeholders.
- Be able to deliver to high standards and tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Sun, Dream and Alphatax would be desirable.
If you think you are right for this position please apply. If you would like to find out more information please contact Chantel Gower on or 01908 920687
Butler Rose is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Butler Rose Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76677883