Library Assistant - The Warren School
Loxford School Trust
Title of Post: Assistant Librarian
Support the Librarian in the delivery of an economical, efficient and effective school library.
Day to day:
- Check condition of resources & repair or re-order
- Prepare room for classes ensuring appropriate resources are available
- Ensure room is tidy and resources are returned to shelves
- Follow the non-fiction shelf tidying rota
- Follow the fiction shelf tidying rota
- Ensure circulation desk is up-and-running
- Check diary for classes & fill out door sheet
- All resources are returned to shelves each day
- Helping pupils with individual studies and enquiries, including ICT support.
- Being proficient in the use of the library administration system.
- Supporting teaching staff and their schemes of work
- Supervision of student librarians
- Maintenance and implementation of library systems
- Promote the school ‘Code of Conduct’ and be professional at all times.
- overdue notices are prepared
- displays are prepared, maintained and changed
- letters are sent out for the Reading Challenge
- Stationery orders completed
- Assisting in preparation for events & library initiatives
- Prepare materials as required
- Production of book/resource boxes.
- Deputising for the Librarian in her absence.
- Attend any training courses, meetings or exhibitions as deemed beneficial.
- Processing and classifying all books and resources promptly.
- Run induction and manage the student librarian team efficiently, monitoring attendance and commitment and maintain the SL rota.