2x Actuarial Analyst
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, dental centres, hospitals, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com
The role holders will be a member of the Centre Actuarial team within Bupa's Centre Finance & Governance Department.
The roles will support the more senior team members to deliver key Centre Finance & Governance outcomes:
- Efficient and compliant actuarial modelling processes are in place and embedded throughout Bupa globally
- Bupa's Board and Executive are provided with actuarial analysis and insight to support business steering and transaction assessment
- Bupa has appropriate actuarial capabilities to achieve Bupa's purpose
Accountabilities & Activities
- Assist in the actuarial analysis for the purposes of reporting technical provisions and risk based capital requirements, stress and scenario testing and the assessment of pricing and reinsurance adequacy.
- Assist in the statistical analysis for the purposes of monitoring appropriateness of premium risk capital modelling and undertaking-specific parameter calculations.
- Assist in the delivery of the actuarial content for reports to the Executive, Board and Bupa's regulators (e.g. Actuarial Function Report, ORSA Report, SFCR, RSR, QRTs). This will entail working alongside other Centre Finance & Governance teams and local actuarial teams.
- Provide actuarial analysis to support the implementation of initiatives to accelerate revenue growth and optimise Bupa's risk profile (e.g. internal and external reinsurance optimisation, M&A activities).
- Assist in providing actuarial advice and guidance to facilitate the assessment of complex commercial transactions.
- Produce an environment of continuous improvement to ensure that all actuarial work is conducted to the highest possible standard in the most efficient manner
- Review actuarial data and reports submitted by business units to help ensure consistent application of actuarial methodology and standards across Bupa.
- Ensure that the team's data, models and processes are properly controlled, documented and reliably produce required outputs.
- Define user requirements and perform user acceptance tests for change requests relating to the team's actuarial models.
- Liaise with actuarial colleagues across Bupa, helping to develop a network to facilitate learning, share information, drive best practice and support coordination of Bupa-wide initiatives.
Qualifications & Experience
- Part qualified - Completion of CT exams preferred
- Actuarial modelling skills and ability to use statistical analytics software (e.g. SAS, R)
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience within general and/or life & health insurance preferred
- Actuarial pricing, capital modelling and/or reserving experience preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including experience in the preparation of presentations and technical papers
- Ability to prioritise work effectively, managing conflicting tasks and deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing and ambiguous situations whilst delivering high quality results
- Good understanding of financial controls, spreadsheets controls, validation and importance of data integrity
- Good understanding of prudential regulatory requirements to understand the implications on actuarial models and reporting
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76688163