Asset & Lifecycle Manager
Reporting to the Mobilisation Director this role will be a key player in the mobilisation of the Department for Transport (DfT) contract in ensuring the smooth transition of services of a large scale, national government facilities management (FM) contract. The role is to develop and implement a strategic approach to the operational mobilisation programme by providing direct managerial and technical support in the collection, verification, configuration and set up of the asset management database using Maximo Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) system and the establishment and maintenance of the contract Lifecycle Plan and any related condition surveys associated with the Lifecycle plan. Post Go Live the role will report to the Account Director. Candidates will be required to meet security checks in order to work on the client premises.
- Overall responsibility for upload, management and change management of the asset management data within the Maximo CAFM system
- Review all O&M manuals and identify specification and volume of critical spares required to address availability criteria within the contract.
- Management of the contract’s Asset Register, Site Plans and Maintenance manuals.
- Project Manage the delivery of Lifecycle replacements and Variations.
- Manage Lifecycle financial reports and programming going forward with a rolling program of next five year projections.
- Production of Lifecycle Reporting to Interserve and Client.
- Manage the reporting on Condition surveys and identifying Lifecycle replacements
- Liaise with client on replacement items, delivery, access, program, quality and contingency.
- Manage the procurement process and control of Contractors, including Health & Safety and any other contractual requirement.
- Ensure value for money solutions taking into account best practice and innovation.
- Advise the clients on new technology when considering life cycle replacements taking into account sustainability.
- Support as required other members of the Management team in delivering a consistence professional service. Working within the team and liaising with other site teams to eliminate disruption and any impact Lifecycle delivery has on the Service
- Comply with all Health & Safety Legislation and promote Interserve’s policy.
- Communicate and report to the FM Team at regular meetings.
What we are looking for
- Proven experience of installation, maintenance and repair of critical and non-critical building services in private and public sector environments.
- Proven practical experience in implementing and managing asset management regimes.
- Proven experience in implementing and managing statutory and non-statutory maintenance regimes using industry standard CAFM systems.
- Experience of risk management, continual improvement, performance management and life cycle activities within an asset management environment.
- Knowledge/experience of PAS 55 / ISO 55001 asset management standards.
- Experience of managing asset verification surveys
- Experience of asset Hierarchy and application of same
- Knowledge and experience of industry wide maintenance standards, such as SFG 20
- Experience of managing M & E and Fabric Condition Surveys
- Experience in identifying potential problems as a result of Condition Surveys, undertake a logical and methodical interrogation of information, data, sources and trends, and keep accurate records and audit trail.
- Ability to confidently present solutions and ideas to convince others to an agreed outcome defend the commercial position and negotiate best possible outcome
- Ensure the Life Cycle Schedule meets the contractual requirements.
- Ensure the Life Cycle Schedule meets the documented processes and procedures.
- Provide reports on performance for all projects and Life cycle work.
- Produce performance measures to demonstrate satisfactory Life Cycle and project management performance against indicators/SLA’s and costs against budget
- Good working knowledge of H&S related to building engineering services.
- Relevant industry experience in a technical/operational management or consultancy role: 5 years+
- Qualified to HNC/HND level or equivalent in building services, mechanical or electrical engineering
- Membership of a relevant professional body (CIBSE or similar)
- A team player but able to work under own initiative and able to escalate matters out of own limitations
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- A strong customer centric approach
- Ability to coach colleagues and IFM Staff through the contractual processes, interact with people at all levels and proactively build professional creditability and relationships.
- Good communicator at all levels and have the ability to present their case competently ensuing all understand what is being delivered.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple issues and short term projects concurrently
- IT literacy - candidate must have report writing skills. Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency required
- Ability to travel widely with in the UK
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76679585