Our client is actively recruiting for a QLIK Scientist/Developer to be based in Hackney for an ASAP start on a 6-7 month contract paying £200-£250 per day. This position is within IR35 so you will have to be paid through an Umbrella Company.
QLIK Data Scientist/DeveloperWe are currently recruiting a digital professional with the skills, experience and ambition to re-shape the way we deliver our services. This will be a challenging role with responsibility for ensuring we deliver user-centred digital services so good, people prefer to use them. For the right person, this provides an exciting opportunity to make a real and significant contribution to improve the delivery of some of the clients highest profile services.
Your work will focus on high-value projects that make it easier to deliver efficient IT services or practically demonstrate the value of using data science techniques to support the digital transformation of the client. Using your experience of developing in Qlik and statistical techniques to large, complex datasets you will be able to explore data to discover new information, create predictive models and construct compelling data narratives. Using these findings you will be able to ‘show the thing’ by rapidly prototyping high-quality applications that meet user needs. You will persuasively advocate the value of these data science approaches to a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability in understanding business problems and trying to address them by leveraging data - characterized by high-volume, high dimensionality from multiple sources
- Experience within Qlik environment: QlikVeiw, QlikSense and N=printing
- Experience with building predictive statistical, behavioral or other models via supervised and unsupervised machine learning, statistical analysis, and other predictive modelling techniques.
- Understanding of standard statistical techniques such as regression analysis, factor analysis, significance testing, cluster analysis, and Bayesian analysis.
- Understanding of applying statistical techniques using a range of software/codebases e.g. R, Python, SAS, SPSS, Matlab
- Experience of designing with data to create data-rich full-stack web applications, particularly within Qlik environment
- Ability to construct and effectively communicate data stories using data visualisation techniques and narrative storytelling
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
- Understanding of data privacy and ethical considerations when applying data science
- Strong proficiency in a number of specialisms and expert knowledge in one on them. e.g. Dashboarding, Natural Language Processing, Network analysis, geospatial analysis, deep learning
- Experience of working within an agile project team and been involved in leading project tasks and assisting with sprint planning.
- Experience of leading small-scale data science projects.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76690192