Systems Engineer - Central London
The company has a fully accredited 24 x 7 monitoring centre for fire, security and location based services, protecting everything from small offices and schools to large multi-national organisations and high security government facilities.
As the Engineer, your duties will include:
• Attending calls for maintenance (on site and or by telephone) as directed by team co-ordinators.
• Rectifying all faults on the first visit where rectification is within your control.
• Carrying out rolling programme of preventative maintenance visits.
• Collecting / recording of site configuration information.
• Maintaining car stock (spares) levels.
• Maintaining accurate and timely records.
• Providing cover on an out of hour’s basis on a rotating basis.
• Commissioning small projects when required.
• Ensuring that audits are carried out of quality procedures.
• Providing training to customers and colleagues as required.
• Carrying out any additional tasks that may be required.
To be a successful Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
• Electro mechanical experience
• Experience of installing and servicing fire alarm systems, ideally GENT based.
• An IT qualification and or electrical / electronic qualification
• A broad technical IT knowledge, i.e. Installing various Windows Operating Systems; networking etc.
• Knowledge of basic electrical principals such as measuring voltage and current drain.
• Be comfortable working irregular hours and being on a 24/7 call rota.
• 5 years checkable work history.
• Unrestricted right to work in the UK/EU.
• Excellent communication skills – fluent in written and spoken English.
• GENT training certification.
• Experience of EXACQ CCTV systems.
• FIA accredited fire qualifications.
You’ll be working 40 hours per week and be part of an on call/standby team of regional Engineers.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76680457