1:1 Learning Support Assistant (Named Child)
An exciting opportunity exists for a part-time Teaching Assistant for a Named Child to join our warm and friendly school.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic individual to provide support for a child in Year 2 with additional physical needs. Applicants must be committed and passionate about raising standards and life chances for all children. Previous experience of working in a school is desirable and knowledge of SEND would be an advantage.
Harris Primary Academy Beckenham Green is a one-form entry primary school in the heart of Beckenham. We believe that every child is unique and that each deserves the opportunity to be happy, feel valued and experience success. Recent developments include refurbishment work, new resources and joining the Harris Federation, which combine to create a bright, modern and welcoming setting and for children and staff.
The person we are looking for will:
- Be committed and dedicated to improving children’s learning
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
- Be willing and able to work collaboratively
- Attend to the pupils’ personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical hygiene and welfare matters
- Be competent in the use of assistive technology
- Support children with their learning and development during lessons or free-flow activities as directed by the class teacher.
- Work with individual pupils and lead small group sessions and interventions according to teacher’s planning.
- Maintain high standards of behaviour among pupils through the use of the Academy’s behaviour policy.
- Participate in administrative and organisational tasks relating to the duties above.
- Participate in Performance Management activities and also further training and professional development sessions appropriate to the role.
Please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link for a full job description and person specification.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Beckenham Green?
- Modern facilities and resources for our school, which is a bright, modern and welcoming place for children and staff to be
- A school that has been at the heart of the community in Beckenham Green since 1818
- Children who work hard and behave well; we encourage them to reach for their ‘personal best’, academically and in the way they relate to others
- A small and friendly school, with the benefits of a thriving community of schools in Bromley and beyond as part of the Harris Federation
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package, with exceptional personal and professional development opportunities
For a confidential discussion about this post with the SENCo, more information or to arrange a visit, please contact the school on 0208 650 5246.
Thank you for your interest in our school. We look forward to receiving your application.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.