Railway Systems Engineer
To inspect, maintain and repair all aspects of the East London Line Signalling, Telecoms, SCADA, CCTV, CIS-A, CIS-V, Access Control and to provide technical support to the Client and the IMC maintenance teams. This role is a full time permanent position based in Surrey Quays, London SE16 2NE.
As Principal Railway Systems Engineer you will be capable of interrogating and configuring operational and non-operational Signalling and Telecommunication, CIS, CCTV, Access control and SCADA systems. You will be also be capable of locating and diagnosing failures and carrying out System integrity checks.
To Supervise Signalling & Telecoms Sub-Contractor activities
To be responsible for the completion of maintenance records for all equipment maintained.
To record and report all defects found to the Infrastructure Maintenance Manager
To Audit systems, Equipment Rooms and staff.
The following Equipment areas are included;
Westcad Signallers Panel
SSI Central Interlocking
AZLM Axle Counter
Westinghouse TD system
Westinghouse Emergency Alarms
TI21, EB200, HVI Track Circuits
Clamplock Point Machine
HW 2000 Point Machine
SDH.PDH Transmission System
CIS Audible & Visual
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Demonstrable experience of Railway Systems Maintenance.
- Minimum BTEC Electrical and Electronic Engineering, NVQ or relevant experience.
- Computer literate (Ability to use Microsoft products and proprietary Software).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Able to communicate and influence at all levels.
- Hold a current UK driving license.
- To be compliant with the Health & Safety at Work Act occupational and system safety requirements
- Undertake work as directed to the laid down safety plans, observing risk assessments and safe methods of working
- Undertake maintenance in accordance with the directions and programme set out by the Infrastructure Maintenance Manager. Plan and allocate resources for configuration, house keeping and faulting tasks
- Assist with the fault rectification process and provide support for investigations into wrong side failures. Control, Audit and monitor the allocation of tasks.
- Ensure the requirements of SMTH are observed for work which has to be tested before restoration. Return to Service and closure of the allocated tasks.
- Ensure that instructions issued from the Infrastructure Maintenance Manager are fully understood and this information is passed to the relevant members of the Faulting & Maintenance team. Control and implement the allocated tasks.
- Liaise with and supervise other groups including Sub-Contractors to ensure the customer requirements are met. Control, Audit and monitor the allocation of task.
- Attend and lead technical meetings where required, e.g. SPIR, FAT and SAT and where requested, contribute to technical scope.
- To Undertake SMI work including consultancy and verification of detailed design proposals.
A career with Carillion is rewarding in more ways than one. As well as the chance to do meaningful work, you can typically expect to enjoy:
Generous holiday entitlement
BUPA Healthcare Insurance – Family cover
Carillion ‘Thank you’ scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and discounts on High Street brands.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76678551